Chapter Forty Five

The woman was finally held in a highly secured cell, preventing her to use her powers. Everyone was frustrated, as they all spoke about this sudden event. Avory was gone.....to think that the woman the Avengers were trying to find and stop, was gone just in a split second, and now a bigger problem had risen. The authorities had been called upon to the abandoned places, to take care of other things as everyone else had done their part, and now on the other side of the room where the cell she....you were kept, the Avengers were discussing about what to do.

"This is the second time we encountered her." Steve started, everyone anxious. "She looks a lot more different now, her hair before was y/h/c, her eyes were the only ones different before, now, she looks wrong." He added. "That just means it really isn't Y/N." Clint said, trying to make excuses for you, he didn't want to think it was you, that you would kill that easily, that your eyes don't even show any guilt. Everyone else nodded, accepting Clint's reasoning, also wanting to believe that it wasn't you. "She's a lot stronger too." Clint then continued as he held his neck, remembering how she held them still with her powers, and how it felt as if he lost his breath the moment he was pinned in place. "She went through my mind." Everyone turned their attention towards Natasha, who had her head down. She let out a scoff, "I could have handled it, but she showed me......for some reason she made it look worse than it is, and I got scared." She said, a nervous smile on her face as her voice trembled slightly to the memory of what you showed her. "She can go through memories?" Everyone turned their head towards Steve as he asked this question. Natasha furrowed her eyebrows, expecting that Steve might have known, as they were the first ones to encounter her, but answered still, "Apparently." A moment of silence.

"Can.....Y/N go through memories?"

The air surrounding the team suddenly got thick as Thor threw this question and left it to linger. "No," Tony answered, "She never told us about having that kind of ability." He tried to justify, his mind whirling. Loki looked at the distressed heroes, and remembering the day you had told him about how you lost your parents. "Have you heard of how she lost her parents?" Everyone looked at Loki, their eyebrows furrowed. "No, that's why I told you to ask her yourself." Steve answered. Loki then let out a breath, unsure how to inform the Avengers of your story. He opened his mouth, his mind still processing the words. "Y/N can go through memories," everyone was silent, "She can alter them too, erase, I don't even know if she could add a memory." Loki added, but everyone was still silent, their hearts sinking. "So, it is Y/N?" Natasha asked, unsure and not wanting to accept that that woman, that thing in that cell was you indeed. Loki looked at Natasha and shook his head, his eyes showing disapproval. "No, I'm certain it is not." Loki confirmed. "That thing doesn't know me." He said, pointing towards the cell. "and Y/N is the only one who tried to get to know me, and that....don't." He added, his voice hard and determined, memories of the days you had spent with him, from the moment you handed him the book, to the moment he finally confessed his feeling for you, there was no way that that woman was you, Loki knew the woman he loved isn't that, you were kind, proud, strong, and you stand for what's right, that thing, is all but you. With Loki's words everyone started to remember who you were to them; to Tony, a stubborn daughter; to Clint, a cool daughter; to Thor, a strong woman; to Natasha, an amazing hero; To Bruce, a science buddy; to Wanda, a twin in power; and to Steve, a woman he loved......that thing wasn't you. "You're right." Steve said, a small smile growing, and everyone else nodding in agreement as they look at Loki. "For once, we agree on something." Loki said, as he took back his hand from pointing and clasping it from his other hand to his back. Everyone released either a scoff or a chuckle as they shook their heads. "Then let's get Y/N back." Bruce said making the others nod, as they all became more composed than a while ago, and determined to get you back.

"Like Loki said, she doesn't know us, only remembers me and Cap." Clint started, "That said, we know nothing of her too." He continued, making everyone groan. "So what will we do?" Thor asked. "For starters, let's learn her objectives, her purpose." Steve answered, "Which we're all certain is bad." Wanda said as she scooted nearer to everyone else. Everyone nodded in agreement. "We don't know how to get Y/N back." Clint said, nobody answered or reacted to this, not really sure how to respond. Loki bit his nails then clicked his tongue. "She said Y/N is asleep." Loki said, everyone looking at him with furrowed eyebrows. "What do you mean?" Tony asked. "I'm assuming for the best that that meant Y/N is still there, inside of her, meaning we can wake her up." Loki explained, everyone having their hopes up. "How, that I don't know..." He continued, everyone's hopes dropping immediately. A moment of silence, then Steve spoke, "Let's just try to get something out of her, that's the best we can do, at least get her name." He said and with that, everyone nodded, and started planning on how to get the thing to speak on their terms.