Chapter Eight

You woke up from you sleep, you took a deep breath and streched, closing your eyes shut. You relaxed you body and pulled up the blanket that was covering you as you shifted in a more comfortable position in the bed......wait.....you opened your eyes and immediately sat up. You sleeping in the bed, and as far as your memory suggests, you slept on the floor of Loki's room. You looked around the room, eyes wide, cold sweat dripping off your forehead. I fucking fell asleep. You thought as you cursed yourself. A bit of your panic was deminished when you saw Loki looking at you with a sly smile, sitting down where you were before. "Good morning." He had said, making you panic once more. "It's morning!?" You exclaimed. You know it was there was a low chance that the whole team will come at the Tower as they do not completely live here, but you knew damn well that someone will come and check on you and Loki. You stood up immediately as you searched you phone to check the time.  "I thought a joke is supposedly amusing." Loki responed as he laughed lightly at your reaction, entertained to your panicked state. You found your phone and you looked at it and found out it was still early in the evening. You sighed in relief as you sat down the bed, glaring at Loki, which he returned with a mischievous smile, and on cue the phone beeped, a message from Tony.

" I'll be there to check on you in about 10 minutes, see you there."

You looked back at Loki once more, squinting your eyes and pursing your lips, you clicked your tongue, "It is, your timing though was shit." You asnwered  from his first statement. Loki scoffed, but that grin never left, making you want to pull it off of his gorgeous face. You took a breath and put your phone on you pocket and looked at Loki, he gave you mocking smile, which you returned with a bitter one as you stood up and took the chains again. You looked at Loki and he looked at you confused. "I thought I'd be off the chains?" He asked. "Only if I'm around Loki, I'm sorry," You started. "like I said, the others isn't really informed about what I'm doing right now, and honestly, as much as I hate to say it, even if their informed, they're not really fond of what I'm doing." You said, giving him a sympathetic smile. "But don't worry, I'll try to talk to them as best I can, in return, you comply to my words." You said, raising an eyebrow, giving him a stirned smile. He  looked at you with furrowed eyebrows, but only rolled hisneyes, instead of argue.

You kneeled to his level and started to strap him to the chains again, which shockingly he did not complain about, well he did, as you you noticed him rolling his eyes and looking at the chains, irritated, but he didn't say a thing or moved his hand away from what you were doing. You felt happy  of this, this day was a very successful one, Loki seemed to be more participative to your means. Loki, feeling irritated, looked at you as you carefully strap him on the chains again, he noticed the smile on your lips. He remembered the moment just a while ago, when he picked you up from the floor and put you on the bed, you looked very peaceful, he liked that look of you, so he sat down to where you were seated before and only looked at you, not a thought of leaving came into his mind, until you woke up, he smiled at the memory as you continue to strap him.

"There." You said and raised your head, big mistake. Your face was too close to his, to the point you could feel his breath. This made your heart pound fast and you felt your face heat up as both of you only looked at each other, both startled at your closeness. Composing youself, you inched away and cleared your throat as both of you avoided eye contact. Loki as well felt something from that encounter, the same feeling you had. His heart still beats fast and he felt his nervousness build up, but he was able to cover this up faster than you, so he cleared his throat and said, "May I ask for your help for me to stand, I'm seated in quite an awkward positon, and with the chains, I doubt I can stand up." He asked, over-explaining, but since both of you felt embarrassed, you didn't notice this and answered instead, "Yeah, sure." You stood up and held his hand and pulled him up to his feet. You both stood still, this time Loki had the courage to look at you, not you though. "I'll go now, Stark will be here any minute." you said and started to walk away, not even looking at Loki, who nodded in response. You grabbed the knob and opened the door, but before you could leave, you remembered something. You looked back at him and found him seated on the bed again like you would usually find him. "Loki," you trailed, resulting him to look at you. "Thank you, for not leaving even when I slept, it means a lot to me." You said nodding and finally leaving his room, closing his door completely.

This made Loki smile, not mischievously, not sarcastically or bitterly, it was a true smile and a genuine happiness from your appreciation to him. You also smiled as you walk through the hallway and enter the elevator. Not only did you feel accomplished that today was a big success, but also the fact that the trust you have given Loki was not to waste. He stayed even when you slept, he carried you to his bed and sat on the floor so you could have a better position as you sleep, you were very happy. Very happy that Loki gave you a little bit of trust as well. As you reached the the living room, you found Tony sitting on the coach. "Hey!" You greeted cheerfully. Tony looked at you and raised an eyebrow, smiling at your sight. "Someone's happy?" He reacted,you only smiled smugly as you sat down beside him. "So what happened?" He asked and faced you. This made you smile wider. "Today was a success." You chirped. "Loki showed a lot of improvement and I couldn't be happier!" You added as you looked at Tony in excitement.

Tony, on the other hand furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, how can you say it was a success? What exactly did you do?" He asked, keeping his eyes on you. You looked at him and remembered what you did with Loki, hesitating for a little while, you aighed and decided to tell him everything. His eyes went wide to almost everything you said and was wanting to comment, but you begged him to let you finish before he could talk, so he complied. You did finish your story and gave him a sweet smile, which he replied with a tired sigh and a shake of the head. "He almost escaped." He reminded you. "Yeah, but he didn't." You defended. "And you even slept, when his chains were off, HIS CHAINS WERE OF Y/N?!" He said, emphasizing his last words as he looked at you with wide eyes. You winced at his response, you know the sleeping was your mistake, even if you did trust Loki that much, sleeping was never supposed to happened, and was purely your carelessness.  "But again, he didn't escape, his still there." You defeded, quite weakly this time. Tony remained looking at you and sighed, shutting his eyes close because of your statement. "Oh, come on! Can you be proud please? I can't even go on missions, so I'm stuck with this, at least it was a success." You argued, crossing your amrs together, slamming your back slightly to the couch. "The fact that you slept during this is the reason I do not want you to come along with the missions." He cleared. You pouted at his response and rolled your eyes. "Well, I'm proud of myself, because Loki has given me his trust, deciding not to leave," you trailed off, "and I'm proud of Loki too because he just proved that he can be trusted." You muttered, pouting. Tony looked at you and shook his head once more, knowing he couldn't argue any longer. He sighed instead and said with a genuine proud smile, "Fine, you did do good, to be able to keep Loki in that room even after you took his chains off, well done." Tony said patting you on the shoulder and giving you a smile. You looked back at him and relaxed as you smile back at him.

Tony chuckled and ruffled your hair." Oh yeah by the way, since you've been itching for a while now, " Tony trailed, taking his hands off your hair, "There might be a mission tommorow, I want you there, Thor will look after his brother." Tony said as he stood up. You eyes twinkled as you felt a rush of excitement. "Finally!" You squealed. Tony smiled and said, "Yes, so go get some sleep, be here early." You nodded and stood up pacing towards the elevator bidding Tony goodnight. As you reached your hallway, you walked towards your room, you stopped midway, just by Loki's door. You looked at it, deciding if you should tell him that you won't be around tomorrow. You raised your knuckles to the door and was about to knock, but then decided not to. He might be asleep. You thought as you continued to walk towards your room, I'll just inform Thor about it and ask him to tell Loki. You thought again as you opened your door to your room still feeling happy about today's achievement and tommorow's mission.

In the middle of this thoughts, a picture of Loki's face close to yours popped in your head, those deep green eyes stared at you and you were drowned by its deepness, that beautiful nose and lips that matched perfectly every single details his face had, along with that black long hair that he had slicked back, making him look more handsome. Your heart jumped at this thoughts and you shook your head.

Oh god please Y/N, don't even think of falling for him. You thought as you slowly drifted to a slumber.