Chapter Thirty Nine

"Trying to track Avory down is difficult, her works are clean before, and now it's cleaner than ever." Natasha explained to everyone. "The kidnaps had been occuring in the neighboring cities, similar to here." Bruce added as he pointed out Brooklyn, Jersey and many more at the map that had been layed on the table. "And this is the first time we have heard of Avory, there are no information that fits your discription of this woman." Tony said, looking at you. You sighed in frustration, Tony had tried to find Avory in the system with the help of your discription, but found none. "How about the facility we went to? Are their any clues there?" You asked. They shook their head. "Only those seats, more like those were found in the other building actually, but there were no sign of any living being inside." Clint explained. You all groaned in frustration again, this was going no where. "We'll be checking Brooklyn tomorrow, see what we find." Steve suggested. "We'll check for places that are off the radar that can possibly be a hide out or something, maybe pass by neighboring cities on the way." Tony said, eyeing Thor and Bruce and Natasha, implying they tag along with him. They both nod as an okay. "I'm coming right?" You asked. Everyone looked at you, confused on why you could even ask that at your situation. "Definitely not." Tony said,

"Let me remind you about your stitches Y/N, you're not fully healed, your off the mission for now."

"Oh come on! It's literally closed already! It's been a week." You complained, raising your shirt slighlty, enough for them to see your stitches. "I'll just bandage it up and you wouldn't even know its their!" Tony huffed at your suggestion. "You are very stubborn, young lady." He said.

"Thank you."

Tony rolled his eyes to your answer, knowing you will not stop bothering him about this. "Fine! But your going with Cap, not with us." You pouted, wanting to go with Tony, but knowing that you couldn't get anything better than that. You then looked at Loki, who looked very uninterested to whatever was happening. You smiled and then looked at Tony, giving him the sweetest smile you could manage to give. Tony noticed this and furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't like that smile." He said, knowing you were up to something no good. You laughed sweetly,
"I was thin—"
"No."
"What! You didn't even hear what I wanted to say!" You complained, looking straight at Tony. "Yeah, and I'm already sure it's something bad, so no." You huffed, pouting again. "Just hear me out!" You hissed and started to talk again before he could answer. "I was wondering, if Loki can tag along too." You said, and took a deep breath, continuing on speaking immediately, seeing their eyes widen in disbelief, including Loki. "Because!" you started. "Because he cannot be left alone, right? Then he can just come with us, I mean we can use the extra hands." You finished, wiggling your eyebrows. "JARVIS will look after him." Tony pointed out, knowing the security in his tower was impeccable, everyone else agreeing. "It's Loki we're talking about here, you guys know what kind of trouble he might get into when left alone!" You pointed out, looking at Loki, an apologetic smile on your face for saying such thing. "The tower will be thrashed, I'm sure." You finsihed. Loki was looking at you, brows furrowed, mouth slightly agape, taking offense to your words and you smiling sheepishly seeing your boyfriend's reaction at your peripheral view. Tony though, you made him think about this, he knew you were making excuses, but he also knew he doesn't really trust Loki enough to be left alone. He knew well that having Loki by your side was alot more reassuring.

Tony looked at you then glared at Loki. This made you smile, you knew Tony was going to allow Loki now.
"Fine! But he's your responsibility!" Tony pointed out. Your smile widened and then you jumped from your seat, wrapping your arms around your father. "Yes! You can count on me!" You assured. Tony rolled his eyes, patting you on the back.
Everyone else just chuckled and shook their heads, Clint? He was busy glraing at Loki and threatening him that when he thinks of anything stupid, he'll hunt him down.
Loki rolled his eyes, but smiling slightly to be finally out of the tower, and better, he's with you.

The meeting ended and you were all doing your own buisnesses. You were in your room already, checking your stitches, wrapping your core with badages. Upon finishing, you tried hopping, throwing punches in the air, trying out if the bandages helped. It did, your didn't feel anything, because ofnthe bandage or the excitement, your not sure norndo you really give a damn. You smiled and patted your stomach slightly.

Then you suddenly heard a knock at your door. You looked towards it,

"Come in!"

The door opened and you saw Thor enter. "Hi Thor!" You said smiling, realizing you guys have not spoken for a while. Thor smiled back, greeting back. "How are stiches Y/N?" He asked, walking towards you. "It's alright, hasn't killed me yet." You joked. Thor chuckled to your words.
"I must say, you are exceptional during the mission." Thor complemetned. You look at him unconvinced. "You only saw me when I wad slumped on the floor, swimming at my own blood, I don't find that exceptional in any way." You cringed, trying to imagine what Thor had witnessed. Thor then laughed, "I've heard what you had done, from Bruce and Natasha, your powers is really mind blowing." He complemented again, sitting on the edge of your bed.  "Oh hush! You're overwhelming me." You answered, sitting beside him. "May I tell you something?" Thor then said, you looked at him, and nodded, curious to what he was going to say.

"Do you recall when I asked you to help me look after Loki?" He asked, you nodded as a response. "I may have purposely done that, knowing something like this," Thor said, looking at you, implying your replationship with Loki. "will occur." He said, a small smile on his lips.
You squinted your eyes. "What do you mean?" You asked. "I figured that you might be fond with my brother, Loki is amazing at pissing people off, and you are amazing at handling such kind." Thor said. "Is that a complement, or should I puch you in the face?" You asked, making Thor laugh. "Oh it is a complement lady Y/N, nobody can handle Loki other than our mother, and you I suppose." Thor said, smiling widely. You rolled your eyes and chuckled. "Well then, thank you, I'm quite a mentalist." You bragged jokingly, earning another laugh from the god of thunder. "Thus I thought, Loki would like you too, for having to deal with his shit, and not giving up on him." It was your turn to laugh at Thor's words. "That's true, do you know how hard it is to stop myself from ripping off those grins on your brother's face?!" You pointed out, in between your laughs. "God, I need some credit for that." You said, wiping tear off your eyelid.
Thor was laughing with you and was about to answer but someone spoke from the door, causing the both of you to look at that direction.

"So I'm a being insulted by my lover and my brother when I'm not present...how wonderful." Loki said, rolling his eyes. You looked towards the door, where Loki stood straight, then Thor and you looked at each other, before snorting and laughing again. Loki groaned, as he walk inside your room and sat between you and Thor, causing the both of you to laugh harder. All night, you spoke with Loki and Thor, bickering and teasing each other.  Trying to carry Thor's hammer and failing, Loki teasing and snorting at your failed attempt, telling stories about Loki's and Thor's childhood, Loki trying to cover his brother's mouth as he hissed and threathened Thor, and Thor, running around your room, continuing from telling the story, embarassing his brother, not minding whatever Loki is threatening him with.

Your night was definitely fun and full of life, as you watched at the bickering brothers, laughing at them, wanting the night to never end.