Chapter Twenty Two

"I do not need your company, Thor." You heard Loki say. You swallowed a lump on you throat and the breathed in. "It's Y/N." You informed.
There was a moment of silence, no words from Loki. You were about to leave but you heard him speak, "Come in." He said, ever so soflty. This made you smile. You opened the door and found him, on his usual spot, smiling, as a memory of all the time you have found him in that same place flooded your mind.

You walked in, walking towards him, sitting down on your usual spot on the floor. "Hi." You greeted, a small smile on you face as you hugged your knees. Loki only answered with a nod, not daring to look at you, keeping his attention on the book. You both stayed this way for a while, before you decided to talk. "Are you okay?" You asked genuinely.
Loki stopped reading, now only staring at the words, none registering. He took a breath and said, "Why would care about how I feel?" He asked bluntly...still hurt from the sight of you and Steve kissing.
"You could hear my thoughts, so why ask." Loki spat. You felt your knuckles clench your pants. "I won't learn anything from you until you are willing teach me more about yourself." (Chapter 11). You said, a hurt smile on your face, reminding him of the first night he had left his room. Loki did remember this, a small smile growing on his lips.

Loki closed his book and finally looked at you. "Why do you ask?" He asked, "What does my state give as an advantage to you?" He asked again. You looked at him, your eyes were soft but showed disbelief and pain. "Because I care..." You said.

"and I love you too much, it's unfair..." You thought.

You looked straight at Loki. "I meant what I said about you not being alone, you're stuck with me wether you like it or not, I won't leave you." You said with all honestly. Loki looked at you straight in the eyes, studying you, admiring you, and falling more and more for you. He sighed and chuckled as he looked down and shook his head. "I'm alright." Loki only answered and looked at you smiling. You smiled back, "Good." You said.
A silence again, it was a little awkward but at the same time comforting.

"You and Steve..." You raised your head at what Loki had said. Before he could finish you laughed. "No," You answered immediately. "There's nothing between us, there never was." You confirmed and looked at him. "But the kiss?" He asked, looking more confused. You laughed harder and you rolled your eyes. "I can't believe you guys actually believed that." You started.  "We didn't," You said and took a breath from laughing. "He only made it seem like we kissed, but we didn't." You confirmed. "Steve was up for a little trickery at the time and he had his targets." You chuckled as you explained. "And it looks like it worked beautifully." You said again. Loki looked at you confused and shocked.
A few moments of this later, he finally breathed out in relief. "So there's nothing between you and Steve?" He asked. You shook your head. "None." You answered. Loki only nodded, but deep down, he felt fireworks blasting to the sky.

"About the 7 minutes in heaven...." Loki again said. He was now talking about the both of you. You felt your heart skip. "I believe I have to explain." he said with an awkward chuckle. You just remained silent.
Loki wasn't sure, but he thinks it was time for you to know his feelings, he had kept it long enough. "You see...I find you—" You cut him off, you didn't like where this was going. You already know what he feels about you, you were his entertainment. But you didn't want to hear from his own mouth. "Don't...." you whispered, louad enough for him to hear, keeping your eyes on your feet.
"I know," You said, giving yourself a sad smile. "Let's not talk about this...." You said, your voice starting to tremble. But before you could start being emotional, you smiled widely and looked at his confused eyes. "It's late, I should go." You informed and stood up fast. Loki wanted to talk but you were walking to fast out of his room, and just like that, you closed the door of his room, leaving Loki, confused.

You breathed out and rested your forehead on Loki's door. Ughh... You thought. "Are you alright Y/N?" You turned your head towards where the voice came from, behind you, Thor stood, looking at you worried. You stood straight and face him, flashing him a smile. "Yes, You?" You asked which Thor answered, still uncovinced about what you said you felt. "Well, I'll be going now, I think a need water." You said, smiling and laughing awkwardly as you walked away. As you turned your back from Thor, your smile disappeared and you knocked your head lightly. "Dumbass." You whispered to yourself.

You reached the living room and saw the outside of the house being lit up by the moon. You took a deep breath and went out, sitting in the bech as you look at the bright moon. You let your emotions take over your thoughts: pain, comfort, confusion flooded you. You knew how Loki felt for you, and how badly you want your feeling for him to disappear, but every moment you lay your eyes on him, every moment you have bickered and spoken, you only fell for him harder and harder.
Some one-sided love this is... You thought, scoffing at yourself.
You groaned and burried your face into your palms. Loki, you're a bitch for making feel like this! You cursed as stress took over you.

You sighed again, and leaned your back on the bench, relaxing your body. You shook your head and sighed. "I shouldn't even be thinking about this." You told yourself and looked up at the stars. "Mission comes first...." You breathed.

With that, without noticing, you fell asleep under the night sky.