Chapter Forty Four

"Loki!" Cap grunted, as he knocked down one men with a gun. Loki looked at Steve, raising his eyebrow, not even bothering to help. "Go with Clint, look for the victims." He said. "You don't order me." Was the only thing Loki said, making both men glare at the god. "We've...been...breached." Clint, Loki and Steve looked at the man on the floor as he spoke through the earpiece. Clint cursed knocking the man completely. Just as he did this, fast footsteps were heard, coming near them. Steve glared at Loki then looked at Clint. "Go." He ordered, making Clint nod. He faced Loki and dragged him towards the footsteps. Loki only groaned, pulling his body back for him to guide himself as he saw a bunch of men infront of them. Suddenly, a shield went flying towards those men, gitting them on the stomach knocking them down, with this Clint made a run for it, Loki following as he avoided the knocked out men. "Loki and Clint is on the run towards where the victims are, we have been noticed." Loki heard Steve say as he ran further from him, he started running faster, now matching Clint's speed. "Where to?" Loki asked mockingly, making Clint huff, but not answer. Loki only smiled slyly at this, enjoying the view of  the pissed man by his side. After a while of looking through doors and running through hallways and open spaces they finally stopped by glass window. Loki stopped and looked through the glass, it lead downwards, and there stood a whole lot of people, in trance, couldn't even stand properly, mumbling gibberish. "We found something, it's quite bizarre."  Loki spoke through the earpice. "It's the victims, I presume, but they stand still, no life visible in their eyes." He explained, looking disturbed by such view. "Who does this...." Clint whispered, visibly disgusted as he too stood beside Loki, looking at the awful view of mind controlled people. "Let's find a way in." Clint suddenly said, walking back to where they came from. Loki followed, taking one last glance below. After a little while, they couldn't find anything that may lead down, Clint feeling frustrated.

"Do you hear that?" Loki suddenly said, as he heard muffled voice a few meteres away from them. Clint looked at him but remained silent, trying to hear what Loki had meant. Upon doing so, he also heared angry muffled protests, patting Loki on his shoulder, Clint started to jog towards where the voice came from, Loki doing so as well.

"Your nothing,"

Loki and Clint stopped by the door, seeing the view you and Natasha had seen, only at a different angle, them seeing the back of woman, facing the both of you. "Everything you do, it is only to make yourself feel better!" The woman spat as she walked towards you and Natasha. Loki started to pace towards her, wanting to stop her in her tracks. "You, heroes and all your—" Avory was cut short. Everything went silent, all of them shocked, as blood splattered everywhere, Avory's body flopped on the floor, her head missing, blood flowing fast out of her neck. For a moment, everything stopped, the time, the actions, Loki couldn't process what had just happened, none of them can, then suddenly, Nat called out your name, bringing Loki and Clint back to reality, realizing that Avory.....is dead. Loki looked at you but what greeted him was something else.

She looked like you, yet looked very different, her hair was silver and long, her eyes impossibly gold, her skin as white as snow, her lips pale. She had this malicious smile on her lips as she held Natasha by the neck, Nat trying to take her hand off. "Y/N?" Loki croaked, unsure of what he was seeing. That woman looked at Loki, her gold eyes piercing into his soul. Loki wanted to talk again, but an arrow suddenly came flying towards the woman, as it pierced through her hand that was grabbing Balck Widow, resulting her to release. Before anything, Clint ran and took Nat off the floor, dragging her to their side. "She's back!" Clint suddenly shouted, making Loki look at him, confused. Clint though, didn't look at Loki, only looked straight at you, fear and caution in his eyes as he informed Captain of the return of that woman they had encountered before. "Is it...." Loki muttered, realizing who it was, it as he looked at Clint then back at you, or her as she took the arrow of her hand, blood freely flowing out of her arm. "Yes, it's her, the woman of Y/N's past, her hair different but those eyes are definitely her." Clint said, not batting an eye towards the god.  "Ah, Bowman." The woman looked at Clint, a smile on her face, "Where's the brave Captain America you were with the last time?" She asked, sending shivers down their spines. "I'm back." She said, as a laugh started to come out from her throat. "Just like I promised." Before Clint could answer, she raised her hand. Clint's breathe hitched as well as Loki and Nat. She raised her hand, the three mimicking this as they started to loose their breathes. "And I'm stronger than ever." She spat, walking closer to the three beings begging for oxygen. As she stood closer to them, her eyes landed on Loki, Loki looking back, anger in his eyes. "Who are you?" She asked, tilting her head. Loki only grunted, as he tried to pry off whatever was holding him by the neck. She chuckled at this and then let go of Loki. He took in a deep breathe, coughing along with it as he kneeled on the floor for support. "You're different from them." She breathed. Loki suddenly felt a finger on his chin, the woman raising his head to look at her, who was hunched to his level. Loki pryed her hand off and glared at her. "Bring her back." He ordered, she only raised an eyebrow, her smile disappearing as she stood up properly. She again held another hand out and pushing Loki on the wall pinning him their with her powers. "Her you speak off doesn't own this body, it is mine." She hissed turning her attention towards the pinned Loki. "I only let her borrow it, now taking it back." She said, her composure coming back.