Chapter Sixteen

"I think she likes him." You heard Tony say. You felt your heart skip a beat and felt your face heat up. You immediately stepped back from the kitchen and went to the living room, there you saw Bruce  sitting on the coach, still looking at the images of the clues you had with the mission. You looked at him waving hello before leaving. You went outside and took a deep breath. You knew you liked Loki, it was as clear as day, you didn't know how it happened, or when, you only knew that you do like him, and somehow, hearing from others, Tony especially, gave you butterflies. It was as if you had finally have all proofs that leads to liking him. You smiled and sighed. I guess I've only been denying it, you thought.

"I don't know if your troubled or happy, so I'm not really sure what to ask." You heard someone say, you look back and saw Steve sitting down on a bench looking at you. You chuckled at what he said, "I'm not even sure myself." You answered. Steve smiled back at you and patted the space beside him, telling you to sit down, so you did. You sat down and exhaled as you smiled and looked ahead. "What are you doing here?" You asked not looking at Steve. Steve on the other hand kept his eyes on you, observing your face, he shrugged and chuckled as he looked at whatever you were looking at. "Just a breath of fresh air, you?" He asked back. You pouted, "Same, I guess." You answered, resulting for him to chuckle.
Silence grew between the both of you, it wasn't awkward or weird, it was somewhat comforting. Steve was the first one to break your walls, he was the one who found you at your lowest, he was the one who saw your horrors first-hand, still he accepted you, trusted you and stayed with you, and you know well that that's why he holds a big part of your heart, knowing the treatment you are getting was unfair to others, thus your desire to prove that you are a hero that will save the one's who are in need. Steve was the first to support you on this, and because of this, youu love him, he was your savior, but you knew what you felt for Loki was completely different. You looked at Steve, letting your elbow rest on your tight and your chin on your palm. You smiled at the look of Steve. He felt your eyes and he raised an eyebrow and looked back at you. "What?" He asked confused, but smiling. "Thank you." You said. "For saving me back then." You said genuinely. He chuckled again, "Ofcourse." Steve said and fixing a stray hair to your ear. "And for trusting me to try and save Loki this time." You said, your smile growing. Steve scoffed, the smile still not disappearing, he nodded and looked down. "You like him, don't you?" You stiffened at his question, he meant Loki. "I've only seen him once with you after we bought him here and I can see that you like him." He explained. It was your turn to scoff. You pouted and sighed as you start to relax and look forward again. "Yeah," You said nodding. "I like him, I didn't know when, or how, I just do.....I like him." You said and looked at Steve. Steve nodded, expecting your answer. "I just hope you know what your doing." Steve said, concerned. "I'm sorry Y/N, I just can't trust him," He started. That made your heart break, but you nodded, knowing what he had seen Loki done, "Itntakes time," You answered, wanting to make them trust Loki, one day. Steve only chuckled to your determination, before looking at you straight in the eyes, ignoring what you said and replied, "But I trust you, However IF, he does something, you can't stop me from beating that man to his near death." Steve warned, eyeing you. You chuckled at his words and rolled your eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I know." You answered in defeat.

You stood up and stretched as you remembered the troubled look on Loki's face a while ago. You looked at Steve and smile. "I'll take my leave." You informed as you put your hand on his shoulder. "Again, thank you Steve." You said, leaning in, giving him a kiss on the cheek. He nodded after and waved his hand, shooing you away. You jabbed Steve's arm first before you left causing him to laugh.

Now you were walking towards the elevator, to go to Loki's room. Upon reaching the hallway, you immediately went straight to Loki's room. You knocked at his door, waiting for an answer, you got none. You knocked again, still nothing. This time, you didn't dare knock, you opened the door and saw him sitting on the edge of his bed, just like you would always find him. "Loki?" You asked. This made him look. Loki looked at you for a while, keeping a straight face, before turning his back on you and said, "I prefer to be left alone for now, if I may." turning his head slightly, enough for you to see him smile sarcastically at you as he nods. You furrowed your eyebrows and read his thoughts. Blank.... You dug deeper and tried to know what he was feeling, and you sighed at what you felt. Loki was feeling down, as if he needed attention, he wanted comfort. So without saying a word, you walked towards him and sat down on the floor infront of him, just like old times. This made Loki look at you in confusion. "Have I not made it clear that I would like to be alone?" He asked, irritation in his voice. "Well you're sulking, and sulking alone kinda sucks, so I'm here to sulk with you." You suggested and purposely furrowed your eyebrows. This made Loki roll his eyes, but he did not shoo you away, he left you sitting there as he looked down. This made you smile.
After a while, Loki spoke, "Well, are you not going to ask me why I would be sulking? " He said, mocking your words. You rolled your eyes but didn't argue. You only shook your head and said, "I'm your silent companion, remember? You speak, and I'll just listen, if you want me to speak then, I will." You explained, keeping your eyes on your shoes as you pout and move your feet in minimal actions. "I clearly recall that when you had mentioned being a silent companion, you shushed me, no interest in my words." Loki threw, his eyebrow raised, confronting you. You glared at him, but a small smale grew on your lips, "You were annyong then, now, your sulking, I changed the ruled of that tilte(silent companion)." You answered sticking you tongue out, making Loki laugh a little.

Loki looked at you, his laugh dying out and smiled at how you look, your words had once again successfully warmed up Loki inside. "She'll leave him alone eventually." Wanda's words echoed in Loki's mind again, making his smile dissappear. "She might....evetually does leave me.." Loki thought. I have always been alone....what did I even expect. He thought once more and took his eyes off you.

Another while passed and you decided to take a look at Loki's mind again, hoping that it had been better. You didn't hear a thought but you felt the pain he felt: pain of being alone and the fear of being left alone. You breathed out as you felt a hard pang on your chest on what you have discovered Loki was feeling. You kneeled and started to inch closer to him. Upon reaching Loki, you wrapped your one arm on his neck and the other on his waist, giving him a tight hug. Loki felt shocked but before he could say anything, you started to talk. "What are you feeling?" You complained, feeling broken to what Loki was suffering with, as you tighten your hug, and rest your chin on his shoulder. "You're not alone Loki...." You assured, feeling Loki's body stiffen. "At least not anymore." You whispered. You took a breath in and slowly exhaled, hoping that this calms him down. "I'm here, I'll always be here, even if I'm not around, know that I care enough for you for me to still be there with you." You said with all honesty, squeezing him tighter. You stayed like that for a while, letting your words dance with the silence, and sink in. You started to widen your hug and was about to take your hands off him, when you felt Loki's hand slowly wrap your waist. He then buried his face into the crook of your neck as he pulled you closer into his body. "Plese let me stay like this, a little while longer." Loki whispered, his hot breath on the bare skin of your neck, making your heart jump and scream and go crazy. His arms wrapped around you, pulling you into a tight hug as you felt his chest onto yours, moving up and down from his breathing. With butterflies in your stomach and you heart on the verge of exploding, you smiled and wrapped your hands back to him, squeezing him into a hug again.

Loki took a breath as he felt the comfort of your hug, your words was echoing in his mind, but the doubt and that you'll leave never left. However at this moment, he did not want to think about anything, only that he held you in his arms and you did the same to him. You stayed like that for a very long while, not that you're complaining though. But you felt Loki's arm drop,his breathing was alot more steady. You tried to turn your head to look at him, but you couldn't see anything because his face was still on your shoulder. You went into his thought and read his emotions and you found it calm and deep. Loki was asleep.
You scoffed as you smiled and tried your best to move yourself away from Loki without waking him up. You slowly stood up, trying your best not to make any noise as you slowly made him lay down on his bed and cover him with his blanket.

You looked at Loki's sleeping state and you smiled. You looked at his defined nose and pretty lips, his thick eyebrows and that black hair, you felt butterflies in your stomach. Why did I fall for you.... You thought, cupping his cheek and leaning in to give him a soft kiss on his forehead. You closed your eyes after and rested your forehead on his, putting your hand on his chest as you felt him breathe. You smiled and whispered, "Goodnight, Loki of Asgard." and stood up properly,  leaving his room.

A few minutes later, Loki opened his eyes, he took in a deep breath and slowly sat down as he put his fingers close to where you had planted a kiss. His heart was pounding hard on his chest and his forehead felt warm to your kiss. He felt warm and happy. Then again, his moment was ruined when Wanda's words popped into his mind. He chuckled bitterly and rested his head on the wall and closed his eyes in frustration.

Why must I fall for you...Y/N. Loki thought to himself as he slightly knocked his head on the wall.