Chapter Seven

The silence remained between the both you, but Loki's smile never left as he went back to reading. He felt as if he had achieved something when he had made you react that way. You on the other hand, was still trying to calm yourself down, and after a while of trying, you finally did. You looked at Loki who was obediently reading the book you had gave him, then you looked at the door, the lock was inside, so you couldn't really lock him in, you shook this thought and breathed out. If I want to trust him, the door shouldn't be an issue. You thought as you stood up.

Whatever you were trying to do, it was definitely contradicting your claims to Loki just a while ago, however you knew that this mission will not show results if you do not take the risk of letting Loki off the chains.

You walked towards Loki and grabbed his arm. Loki looked at you and said, "Excuse me? What do you think you doing?" feeling offended as you can touch him easily. You didn't respond as you let out a key you have kept on you for a while now. Taking another breath, you insterted the key on the his restraints and freed his wrists and ankles. Loki's eyes went wide to what you had done. He looked at you first, before giving you his signature smile, standing up immediately and charging towards the door, no hesitation on escaping. This made your heart break a little, knowing that he seems to not be trusted still, meaning that one week you spent to try to make him trust you and you trust him was one sided.

You raised you hand towards his direction and he stopped immediately, you held him in place with your powers and said, "Now Loki," you started, masking your disappointment with a demanding tone. "I can't believe you just did that." You trailed. "Let me go, this instance!" Loki hissed in return, as his head snapped towards you, glaring. "I will," you started, "But you cannot leave this room." You said, eyeing him. "I'm taking a risk here, Loki."

"I'm trusting you, and God I beg you that you do not break my trust, because I genuinely wanted to let you off of those chains." You said, no mockery or any kind of teasing on your voice, just the truth, for a while, you both looked intently at each other before Loki's  look soften at your statement. Loki felt a tug on his heart, something new, something he never felt or knew he was capable of feeling. You looked at him intently as you slowly release him from your magic, and when you did, he remained still, his back on you. Loki started checking his wrist and giving his feet little stomps as if stretching them and feeling them after a very long while of being chained up. He looked at the door once more, thinking for a second to actually escape, but your words repeated itself in his mind. Trust..... It echoed. He looked back at you and went back sitting on the bed as he looked at you, confidence and composure in his eyes like a true royalty, shoving that tinggling emotion that seems to make your presence have an effect on him. The moment Loki sat down, you felt relief wash over you, a genuine smile forming on your lips. A success, you thought,  feeling happy that Loki had complied and that you knew you had finally took your first step into succes of this said mission.

"I'm intrigued." Loki said, making you loose the smile as curiosity took over. "On what?" You asked. Loki leaned a little closer, his elbow resting on his spreaded legs, his fingers clasped together. "Do you mean what you had just said? About trusting me?" Loki asked as he felt his heart pound in his chest. You breathed in and exhaled, and nodded, as you let out a little laugh. "Yeah, you shouldn't even be off of those chains, at least not yet. The others have no knowledge of this, but here I am, taking them off of you." You said and looked at him giving him a nervous smile.

Loki scoffed, unsure on what to feel, you weren't the first to trust him, he knew that, and you knew that as well, and you both also knew that everyone that had trusted Loki, he had betrayed, Thor being an examole of such. Loki is also aware that you know this too, yet here you are, trusting him. "How naive of you." Loki spat as he gave you that Loki smile. You didn't answer, just gave him a small smile, shrugging. "I can kill you easily, now without the restraints, no powers needed." He warned, which you scoffed on. "Go ahead, I'd like to see what you got." you answered as you shook your head, knowing that you can fight him, even if there is a possibility that you might lose, you knew you can keep him distracted long enough to for the others to come. Loki clicked his tongue, licking his lower lip, trying to figure out the woman that sat infront of him, but getting nothing from it. Despite his warning, you didn't show any fear or smallness, making Loki scoff at the confidence you have, and with one final huff, Loki turned his back on you and layed on his bed and finally trying to get to sleep on a comfortable position.

As look at his back as he sleeps, you felt yourself smile, he didn't press a conversation, threatened you in any way, well, let's just say you knew what he had just said wasn't a threat, maybe.....you also scoffed, knowing that he had said those words out of his pride as a god, still you also knew, it was his attempt to make you notice him, as fear is the only way Loki knew he would be noticed. Your smile started to turn into a sympathetic one, your eyes softening as you looked at Loki's relaxed back. There is more to the god than just someone who brought disaster, you were certain that was his attempt to recognized. You knew Loki has been through shit, hearing the stories from Thor, Thor being the one who been favored by their father, thus resulting to the bad decisions he had done. Now, you only hoped that this was the start for him look on the brighter side. You won't give up on him, you will make him feel that what he is capable of is something more than just creating chaos, you believe that that is not him, you want him to feel appreciated to who he really is, and he is misunderstood, with this thoughts and determination in your mind, your eyes starting to feel heavy as well. "I'm so proud of you Loki." You whispered, unsure if he heard, but didn't care so, and with that, you drifted into sleep.

"I'm so proud of you Loki." Loki heard this as he opened his eyes from attempting to sleep. He let those words echo in his mind for a while before turning to face you. He saw you sleeping, you knees on your chest as you support it with your arms, you head slumped lazily on the side, hair covering your face. Loki could easily leave the room and he knew this, his freedom was so close, yet he remained on the bed, looking at your sleeping state, that tinggling emotion, bothering him. He sat down, still looking at you, and remembered all you mockery and teasing, those sarcastic retorts you both had every single day she would enter the room. Loki couldn't deny that he found it quite entertaining to be able to have someone tolerate and keep a conversation going despite his way of speaking.

"I'm trusting you...." "I'm so proud of you Loki." He remembered your words. For somebody to trust him enough to sleep, after complementing him, Loki felt honored, appreciated. Loki walked close to you, sitting down to your level, he brushed the hair off of your face and thought of how beautiful a maiden like you actually is. This was the first time he was able to notice your features, because this time you both weren't really busy bickering. Then Loki thought, "Maybe I'll stay a little longer, let's see what this mortal has to offer to me." as a smile started to grow on his lips.