Panic Mode

Y/N POV:

Things were moving so fast, the last thing that I remember was being up on my surfboard. I was surfing with Kie, just like we did every Sunday morning. I couldn't really tell where I was now at first, but I turned my head and saw a paramedic standing over me. I quickly realized that I was in the back of an ambulance. Once I regained consciousness, I was quickly able to feel the pain from whatever caused me to be in this situation.

My lungs were burning and my arm felt like someone took a hammer to it. I tried to look around the ambulance a bit more, when I realized that Kie was sitting on the other side of me crying. I could faintly hear her tell me that everything was going to be okay and I just needed to keep my eyes open.

I was trying so hard to stay awake, but the pain was getting to be too much. I felt my body give up and I spilled back into unconsciousness.

JJ POV:

I was sitting in the chateau, chilling with John B and Pope waiting for the girls to get back from their morning surf. It was getting to be a little later and I started to wonder where they were, normally they got back home before we had gotten up.

I heard my phone buzz and hoping it was y/n letting me know they were on their way back, I ran to go pick it up.

"Hello" I said a bit flirtatiously

"JJ" I heard kie scream from the other end of the phone. Now I was scared, why was Kie calling me from y/n's phone and why did she sound scared.

"Kie? What's going on where's y/n?" I said with panic in my voice. I could feel John B and Pope come closer to see what had me so freaked out.

"We... We were surfing. And she went for this big wave, I thought she had it but ...." Kie cried

"WHAT HAPPENED KIARA" I yelled, I wasn't trying to scare her but I needed to know what happened to my girlfriend

"She didn't come up, I got over there as fast as I could but the current pushed her under and JJ you need to get to the hospital now!" I have never heard Kiara this frantic, before the guys could ask me anything I hung up the phone and ran to the van.

"JJ, what the hell is going on man?" I heard Pope shout from behind me

"Y/n" was all that I said. I could feel the tears starting to roll down my cheeks, the guys got the message and ran to join me in the van. John B grabbed the keys from my hand, knowing that I shouldn't be driving right now.

It felt like it took hours before we got to the hospital. The car ride had been silent. All of us were in panic mode, not knowing what was waiting for us when we got there.

John B stopped right in front of the emergency room doors, and I swung the door open running inside. I frantically looked around until I spotted Kiara pacing in the waiting room. She looked up at me and ran into my arms. She was crying. I pulled her into a hug, and asked "Kie, what's going on? Where's y/n?"

She gathered herself a bit and looked up at me. "They took her back and they haven't come back out yet." She said as she tried to catch her breath. As she finished speaking I could feel the guys behind me and they joined in on our hug. I was ready to break down right there, I still didn't know what had happened or how serious her injuries were. But I knew that pushing Kiara wasn't going to help anything.

I guided her over to one of the seats and kneeled down in front of her. In my calmest voice possible I asked again "Kie, what happened?"

By now she stopped crying and caught her breath. Pope was sitting on her side, I think he was rubbing her back trying to keep her calm.