Expression

(A/N: So I used the song "Guess I'm in love" By Clinton Kane, I thought it was a good one to use for this type of relationship. I am not claiming it as my own. )

Y/N POV:

I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen, because John B decided he wanted to throw a kickback tonight. Normally I don't mind having people over with a mess, but it was bad. Since we haven't been home in a few days, empty cans and old food were starting to pile up. I asked Kie to help me while the boys went to get some alcohol. She of course was happy to help. I had asked her to go grab the trash bags from my room, she had been gone for a while. I walked out of the kitchen and toward my room. I opened the door to my room to find her sitting at my desk. She had my headphones in. Damn it. She found it.

I tried to get her attention. "Kie" I said sternly as I walked over to her. I went to grab one of the headphones out of her ear, finally getting her attention. She quickly turned around with a giant smile on her face. Part of me was relieved because I hoped that meant she liked what she heard. But the other part of me was terrified that she knew one of my biggest secrets.

See I have been writing music for as long as I can remember. I remember for our tenth birthday dad got John B a brand new longboard and he got me a brand new guitar. I am pretty sure that my brother thinks I gave up a couple of days after I got it, but I have been playing in secret ever since. I had just finished writing and recording my newest song. If it had been any other song I would have been fine, but this one. This song was about one of my other biggest secrets. My love.

Kie snapped me out of my thoughts, she pulled the other headphone out of her ear.

"Y/n!!!" She squealed. "This is amazing! I didn't know that you could sing like that. And the song, did you write that?" She questioned with so much excitement.

"Kie, Kie." I tried to calm her down, she was more excited than I was when I finished it. "Calm down" "Yes okay, I did write that, but you weren't supposed to hear it."

"What why not?" she continued to question. "That song is amazing, and you sound so good. Wait, is that song about what I think it's about?" Her comment took me by surprise.

"What? What do you mean? It's just a song" I responded.

Kie looked at me with a "are you kidding me" look. She rolled her eyes and motioned toward a picture that I had sitting on my desk. It was of me and JJ. We were on the beach and I was trying to hop onto JJ's back. It was my favorite picture. A smile started to creep onto my face. I was staring at the picture, as Kie started to giggle. She was happy that she was clearly proving her theory.

"Y/n, it is not much of a secret. I know that you are in love with him" Kie said with the biggest smile on her face. I could feel my face start to get red, I tried to hide my embarrassment.

"What are you even talking about?" I tried to turn around, not really wanting to let her know she was right. I could tell she was about to ask me another question, but thank god I heard the door open.

"We're back!" I heard the guys yell. I began to walk out of my room and was quickly followed by Kie who whispered into my ear "we'll talk about that later" and sent me a wink, meeting the boys in the kitchen.

I quickly tried to gather my thoughts and made my way back into the kitchen with everyone else. The guys were putting away the stuff they bought and laughing up a storm. I quickly joined them all. I found my usual spot beside JJ, and I could feel Kie staring at me. I tried to ignore it and just listened to the guy's conversation. Soon enough we were ready for the party, my brother put the last drink in the cooler and turned to all of us and asked.

"Who's ready to party?"