Moments

Y/n POV:

Life is full of moments. Specific things that happen that define the course of your life. These moments carry you through the good times and the bad.

I have had a lifetime full of moments that have led to me right now, and I wouldn't change a thing.

I am laying in the love of my life arms, surrounded by my children, grandchildren, hell even my great grandchild. I can feel myself fading away, but it's not a sad moment, not for me.

My breathing starts to slow and I feel my husbands do the same. This is like a damn scene from the notebook, but I don't care. I take one last look at the life I created, thinking back to the beginning.

Flashback

"Hey be careful, you're going to fall!" I yelled up at a boy who was climbing up this tree near the playground.

He looked down at me and just winked, what seven year old winks? His soft blue eyes focused back on the climb as he made his way up the tree.

I felt a presence next to me as I watched, almost stunned at his abilities.

"Wow, he's really good," I heard my best friend John B say, referring to the blond boy I was watching.

"Yeah, but he is going to get hurt," I said loudly enough for the other boy to hear. Next thing I knew he had successfully jumped down from the tree and started walking toward us.

"Trust me I wasn't going to get hurt, I'm a pro" The blond said proudly, leading me to let out a small laugh. "I'm JJ" he said, holding up his hands to prove that he was in fact not hurt.

"John B" my friend said next to me, "and this is y/n. You do stuff like that all the time?"

"Yep, I love danger" JJ snickered, I don't know why but something told me that this boy was going to be something special.

"Wanna be friends? We like danger too" John b said, causing me to give him a confused look, both boys just smiled.

A small smile crawled onto my face thinking about how Landon, our grandson, looks and acts exactly like that seven year old boy I met years ago.

Flashback

Fourteen is an interesting age, you are starting to figure out who you are and trying to control your hormones. Both are super fun.

Watching my best friend flirt with the world was probably the worst part though. Especially because along with growing up, I started to realize my feelings toward JJ. Feelings that I did not want to deal with, so I pushed them down.

That was when I realized that he was going to have a hold on me for a long time, and he did.

Finally when I was sixteen and we got caught up in a treasure hunt I accidentally blurted out all my feelings for him.

"No JJ this is so stupid, you can not seriously think that stealing a gun from a dead guy and then putting said gun against toppers skull was a good fucking idea" I yelled at JJ when we got back to my house after the kegger.

"What was I supposed to do y/n? He was drowning JB and when did you become my mom. Last I checked I can take care of myself" He yelled right back, it was fairly uncommon for us to get into a big fight, but this was crazy.

"JJ your version of taking care of yourself is going to land your ass in jail" I walked over to the kitchen to get some water, cause I was still a little drunk

"Well then so be it, at least you wouldn't have to worry about me then" He responded leaving me in a state of shock

"What the hell JJ, you really think that is what I want? You are just a fucking idiot. God why can't you care about yourself like I care about you?" I was on the verge of crying, I wanted him to see himself the way that I see him.

"Why do you care so damn much?" His question seemed genuine, like he had no clue.

"Because your my best friend and god JJ I love you so much is fucking hurts" I could feel the tears streaming down my face now.

There was a moment of silence before JJ looked deep into my eyes, like something clicked in his mind.

Next thing I knew, his lips were on mine.

That was the start of our relationship, and minus a brief breakup during my college days, we have been together ever since.

JJ proposed on our seven year anniversary and of course I said yes.

A year later we got married at the chateau, six months after that we found out I was pregnant.

Flashback

"JJ Maybank get your ass in here" I thought I sounded excited as I yelled for my husband from the bathroom. But he ran in this he was scared as shit

"Everything okay babe?" He was worried.

"Yeah, everything is fine." I said as I handed him a positive pregnancy test.

He looked down then back at me, then back down again.

"No shit" He smiled, meeting my eyes again, this time not breaking contact. "You're pregnant?" He asked nervously

"Big time baby" I smiled, he instantly threw his arms around me and twirled me around.

Nine months later, our daughter was born Grace Booker Maybank.

Two years later, it happened again and we were blessed with our twin boys, who looked just like JJ is it crazy

Tommy and Dean Maybank, who are now fathers themselves, which is even crazier, considering they were wild growing up.

Flashback

Grace was waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up and the boys were out back with JJ fishing. That was until both came running into the house soaking wet.

Tommy was chasing Dean around with a dead fish, you would think that fourteen year old boys would be a little more mature, but these two are exactly like their dad.

"Boys stop" I yelled from the kitchen trying to finish dinner, when I heard a scream.

I ran into the living room to see Grace now chasing both of her brothers.

"You two are so dead" She yelled, apparently the fish landed on the wrong person.

I counted to yell at them when JJ walked in and broke up the chasing.

"Tommy Dean, cut it out" JJ yelled, which was rare.

"Grace, you look fine, I am sure that Derek isn't going to even notice that you were even near a dead fish, k?" He said to our daughter, causing her to groan and go upstairs probably to change.

He gave one look to the twins and they immediately ran back outside.

He walked over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Why did they have to be like you?" I questioned, causing JJ to laugh

"I have no idea what you are talking about Mrs. Maybank" I rolled my eyes at him and we made our way back to the kitchen to finish dinner.

That was pretty much our lives, the house was crazy, but it was so full of love.

Me and JJ said on the cut and in our older years we spent our days with our friends and our family.

Every moment with him was pure bliss, even the bad ones.

I can feel myself let out my last breath against JJ's chest as I drift off, knowing that he is not fair behind. 

(1264 words - i like this idea I hope y'all do too)