Period

Third Person POV:

Y/n woke up this morning with a splitting headache, she rolled over to check her phone and checked the time. It was 8:20 and she had 5 minutes to get dressed and ready before her friends were picking her up.

"Shit" she said, rolling out of bed and racing to get changed. Before she knew she heard the horn from John B's van signaling that it was time for her to leave. She managed to throw on a pair of sweatpants, a tank top, and her white high top converse. She made her way to the door with her bag in hand, locking the door behind her. She ran down the stairs and got into the van. She was met by her friends and her lovely boyfriend JJ. She slid into the van taking her usual seat next to JJ and he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Morning baby, you look cute" He said

"First of all I do not look cute, second of all hi" she said, giving him a small smile in return. He could tell that she was tired, so he didn't push like he normally would. Instead he pulled her a little closer and she laid her head on his chest.

"Hey y/n" Kiara said from the seat in front of them.

"What's up kie?" y/n said quietly, still suffering from a massive headache

"Not to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no way you make it into school wearing that tank top." Kiara said in the nicest voice possible. Y/n looked down not realizing what shirt she had actually put on this morning. It was a little black spaghetti strap top that said "bitch" across it. Y/n whined into JJ's chest, and thought of course just one more problem for today.

"Babe I think I have a sweat shirt that you can wear over it." JJ said in her ear. He always had exactly what she needed. He shuffled to his bag and pulled out his red hoodie, which just so happened to be y/n's favotive.

"Thanks J" y/n said as she put it over her shirt. After a few more minutes they arrived at school and shuffled out of the van.

JJ grabbed y/n's hand and led her into the building. Luckily they had the same homeroom so they said goodbye to their friends and headed there. Y/n hadn't let go of JJ since they got out of the car. She didn't know what was going on with her today, but she did know that all she wanted was to curl up in bed with her boyfriend. They both sat down in their normal seats next to each other and listened to the morning announcements. JJ could tell that his girlfriend wasn't feeling great, so every chance he got he would lean over and rub her back a little.

The bell rang signaling the end of homeroom and the pair stood up grabbing each other's hands and walked out of the room. Their next classes were right next to each other so they walked hand and hand down the hallway. Once they got to the door to the room JJ kissed y/n on the cheek and she headed into the classroom finding her normal seat.

After about an hour in class y/n felt something pooling in her chair. She looked down and quickly realized that she had gotten her period. Suddenly everything made sense since the first day of her period was always the worst. She slowly raised her hand and asked to use the restroom. She pulled JJ's hoodie down far enough so you couldn't see that she bled through her sweats. She made her way to her locker and grabbed a tampon and the change of pants she kept in case of emergencies. She slowly closed her locker and walked to the bathroom on the other side of the hall. When she was done she made her way back to class, not excited to continue the rest of the day. Y/n sat back down in class and tried to focus on what the teacher was saying but her cramps started and her head was pounding worse than before. Once the bell rang, y/n carefully got up and walked to the door, whereas normal JJ was waiting.

He noticed her state and the fact that she changed her pants and instantly knew what was going on. He pulled her into a hug and ushered her to the side of the hallway.

"Y/n... is it shark week?" JJ said in a hushed tone, he always called her period then, y/n though it was kinda annoying but also cute at the same time. Y/n slowly nodded her head into JJ's chest. He put his hand under her chin and lifted her face so she was looking at him. He gave her a soft kiss on her lips and she let out a little smile.

"Come on, I'm taking you home" JJ said. Normally y/n did not condone skipping school, but she honestly felt like she was going to die. JJ guided her toward the front door where he met John B to get the key to the van. He told his friend that he would bring the van back to the chateau in the morning and of course John B agreed. JJ opened the door to twinkie and put y/n in the passenger seat. She fell asleep on the way back to her house and when they got there JJ didn't want to wake her so he picked her up bridal style and brought her into her house.

JJ made his way up to her room and placed her on her bed. She was still asleep so he took her shoes off and put the covers over her. She stirred a little but remained asleep. JJ took the opportunity to go into the kitchen and grab some aspirin and water for when she woke up.

He got back to her room and she was still fast asleep. JJ took off his shoes and slid into bed next to y/n. He pulled her so that she was laying on his chest. She readjusted a bit as JJ ran his hands through her hair. Before they both knew it they were asleep.

When y/n woke up, JJ was still asleep. She carefully rolled over to see the aspirin and water JJ had brought her. It put a small smile on her face, he really was the best boyfriend that she could have asked for. She carefully opened the bottle and took some medicine. She felt so gross so she decided to hop in the shower.

After her shower she made her way back into her room to a now awake JJ. He spotted her and motioned for her to join him back in bed. Y/n plopped right back in the spot she was before and put her head on JJ's chest.

"How are you feeling now babe?" JJ questioned once again running his hands through her now clean hair.

"A little better." she said softly "Thank you for taking care of me today."

"Of course, I know how hard it is the first couple of days, plus you got me out of school" JJ joked. Y/n lightly shoved his arm and he giggled.

"Seriously J, you don't know how much it means to me. Especially since I am so out of it" she said in a serious tone.

JJ reached down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. After a few moments of silence JJ whispered into her ear "you know one good thing did come out of today"

Y/n lifted her head sitting up next to JJ, she was curious what he was talking about. This day had been nothing short of awful for her.

"And what's that?" she said slightly annoyed

"Well at least now we know your not pregnant" JJ said chuckling

Y/n shoved his chest playfully and started laughing herself. As much as this boy got on her nerves, she never knew how to live her life without him.

(1381 words)