Hockey Game

Y/n POV:

To say that I am excited right now is an understatement. Last week JJ surprised me with tickets to the Hurricanes games tonight. He knows that I have an unhealthy obsession with hockey, so he worked overtime for a couple of months to get us pretty damn good seats and a hotel for the night since the game is in Charlotte.

We left early this morning because Charlotte is a six hour drive from home. JJ woke me up with my favorite coffee and a bagel, I am not a morning person at all. The car ride started off quiet but after a couple of hours it was a full on karaoke party.

As soon as I saw the skyline of the city I was so excited. We decided to go to the hotel first and check in cause the game didn't start until seven.

JJ parked the car and we walked into the hotel hand in hand.

"Hi, we need to check in," I said to the clerk at the front desk.

"Alrightly, name?" the lady asks

"Maybank" JJ says, wrapping his arm around my waist, it might not be my last name yet but it gives me butterflies to hear.

The lady behind the desk smiled and handed us the keys to our room. We were on the top floor, so we made our way over to the elevator and as soon as we got up to our room JJ basically pushed me into the room.

We were both giggling as JJ threw me over his shoulder and then he plops me down onto the bed.

"Jay" I giggle as he plops down next to me

"Ahhh, this bed is so comfy" JJ lets out as he spreads out on the bed.

I roll over and look at him smiling, he is just so cute.

"Alright babe, it's 5:30 wanna grab something to eat before we head to the game" I suggest laying on top of JJ's chest.

"As much as I would love that, I was kind of hoping to get a hotdog at the game" JJ says

I scrunch my nose, as much as I love going to games, I am not the biggest fan of the food. JJ notices my face and runs his fingers through my hair.

"What is wrong with that?" JJ laughs while sitting up, causing me to sit up with him. We both crossed our legs sitting directly across from each other.

"Nothing, I just prefer the popcorn" I giggle,

"Well in that case, we have some time before we leave" JJ smirks, raising his eyebrows, oh this boy.

"Oh and what is that" I try and play dumb. But that fades when JJ leans in and places a gentle kiss on my lips.

Next thing I know we are in a full on makeout sesh. Before we can go any further, I catch a glimpse of the clock.

6:15

I pull away from JJ, "ooo, JJ we got to get ready and go"

He groans as he pulls away too, rolling over to the side of the bed.

I ignore him and hop up to change into my hockey jersey.

I touch up my makeup and fix my hair, while JJ slips on his jeans and the hockey jersey I got him as soon as I knew we were going.

Once we were ready I grabbed my purse and he grabbed the keys, and we headed out the door.

—-----------------------------------

Once we got to the game it was like a zoo. Thousands of already drunk hockey fans, we got JJ his hotdog and me some popcorn and a couple of drinks. We got to our seats and damn JJ got really good seats.

We ate and laughed watching warm ups, I was already getting to the game and it hadn't started yet.

JJ and I had so much fun watching the game. I never would have thought that JJ would get into hockey, but he is like a regular old fan. We had so much fun cheering and heckling the other teams.

Then it happened, a fight broke out on the ice and I was instantly on my feet. If there is one thing I love about these games it's the fights.

"Jay did you see that" I smiled as I sat back down once the fight was over. "He knocked that guy out so fast"

"I know babe, damn you really do get excited over this" JJ laughs wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

We sat and watched the rest of the game in peace, and in between the second and third period they did the kiss cam thing.

1 in 1000 chance the thing lands on us, both of us were watching the screen and shock was all over our faces when we saw ourselves up there.

Without hesitation JJ grabbed my face and planted the biggest kiss on my lips in the history of kisses. I pulled away giggling, looking back up at the screen to still see us up there and JJ give the camera a thumbs up.

I just laugh at him and shove his shoulder.

Once the game was over the arena was filled with cheers, we kicked their ass 5-1. It was almost a shut out but the other team's captain made a last minute goal.

We managed to make our way out of the arena in the mess of all the drunk sweaty fans.

JJ had a tight grip on my hand the whole time because he was afraid that I would be lost in the crowd. Once we got the car JJ opened the door for me and as soon as I got in the car I laid my head back, I was exhausted.

The ride back to the hotel was quiet, JJ had his hand resting on my thigh the whole time.

Once we got back to the hotel, JJ had to practically carry me inside. I was so tired. He had his arm wrapped around my waist holding me up, other people probably thought that I was drunk.

We got up to the room and JJ walked me over to the bed and I almost instantly passed out.

"Oh no baby, we need to get you changed before you fall asleep" JJ said as he moved to help me get changed.

He pulled off my jersey and jeans and helped me into one of his t-shirts. He walked into the bathroom and I laid my head on the pillow.

JJ came back with my makeup wipes and began to clean the makeup off my face. He really is the best boyfriend.

After that JJ changed into his boxers and crawled into bed with me. I rolled over and snuggled into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Thanks for today Jay" I sleepily whisper against his chest.

"Anything for you baby" JJ says pulling me closer to him.

"I love you" I yawn so close to falling asleep and just as I am drifting off I hear JJ say "I love you too" 

(1187 words)