Studying

Y/n POV:

Studying has never been my strong suit. I would much rather be outside hanging out with my friends doing something we shouldn't. However, my parents have these wonderful expectations of what my future is going to look like. That means I have to have the perfect grades.

It's not like I have bad grades, I don't. But they want perfection.

I have a big anatomy test coming up and I have to get an A on it to keep my A in the class. I don't even want to think about what would happen if I came home with something less.

The stress has been eating me alive. I haven't left the house in like three days, every free chance I have I have been studying.

I don't know what possessed me to take this class, but it's too late now.

I was sitting at my desk going back through my notes once again when I heard my phone buzz.

It was a text from JJ asking me if I wanted to go to the beach with him and the pogues. I let you a long sigh, knowing that I couldn't.

He had been trying to get me to go out for the past few days, I knew it was eating him alive that he couldn't see me.

Ever since we got together I honestly don't think we spent more than a day apart. So this was new for him. And I really don't think he likes it, sometimes I think he has separation anxiety.

I sent a quick text back saying that I can't maybe tomorrow.

I put my phone down and go back to my notes.

--------------------------------

Another fifteen minutes had passed and I still felt like I wasn't retaining any information. The stress of this test was killing me. I could feel myself getting more and more frustrated.

Soon enough my frustration turned into stress tears running down my face. I sat at my desk with my head in my hands slightly sobbing.

I guess I was too busy to notice that someone had walked into my room.

"He, hey what's wrong?" I heard a voice that sounded like my blue eyed boyfriends.

I turned around to see JJ standing in the doorway, as soon we locked eyes I broke down even more. I was full on sobbing now, I soon felt his presence right next to me.

JJ pulled me up out of my chair into his arms. He was my safe place, whenever I was in his arms I felt like everything was going to be okay.

"Shhhh, shhh" he cooed into my ear as he ran his hands through my hair.

He knew that when things got like this that this was the only way to calm me down. He lifted me slightly off the ground and walked us over to my bed. He sat me down and let me cry onto his shoulder.

After a few minutes i managed to calm down, if JJ hadn't been there it probably would have turned into a full blown anxiety attack.

"Thank you" I said softly, moving my head off his shoulder and looking into his eyes.

He placed a small kiss on my forehead and pulled me closer to his body.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" He asked, rubbing his hands down my back.

"I hate school." I blurted, which caused JJ to chuckle a little at my bluntness.

"No you don't, you hate studying for school" he commented, which made me let out a little chuckle, cause he was right. I did actually like being at school, but coming home with it was the worst. I would so much rather just leave school at school.

After a few moments of silence I let out another sigh and stood up. I walked back over to my desk leaving JJ still sitting on my bed. I stood there staring at my notes. I soon felt JJ standing behind me.

His arms made their way around my waist and he placed his head on my shoulder.

"I just don't get it. I should know this stuff by now." I huffed

"I have an idea. Why don't you take a break." JJ murmured against my skin.

"Jay, I can't. I have to get this before my test, because if you thought being apart for three days was a lot then imagine if I come home with a B. You'll never see me" I exclaimed with worry and tension in my voice.

As soon as I finished JJ released me from his grip and turned me to face him.

"First of all, you are going to do well on your test. I know it doesn't feel like it, but you know that shit like the back of your hand. And Second of all, you are right about the last few days being torture." He said as he brushed a few loose pieces of my hair behind my ear.

"I think what you need is a movie night with your favorite person in the world" he quipped

"Kie's here?" I joked looking around my room.

JJ gasped and moved his hands over his heart, like he was hurt from my comment. I giggled at his actions.

"There's my girl" He smiled, pulling me closer.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his ocean blue eyes.

"So what movie are we watching?" I asked, a smile grew on his face knowing that I was actually going to listen to him and take a break.

He let go of me and pulled me to the bed jumping on. Not before grabbing his bag and pulling out snacks.

Damn this boy knew exactly what I needed.

We got into bed and I snuggled into his chest as he turned on the tv. Soon enough he had settled on a movie.

For the rest of the night we just laughed and enjoyed each other's company. By the time that I had fallen asleep on JJ's chest I had totally forgotten about my test, and for the first time in the last few days I got a good night's sleep. 

(1029 words)