The Ex

Y/n POV:

"Are you serious y/n?" my ex-boyfriend Rafe practically screams in my face.

We are currently fighting in my room, he stormed in about 10 minutes ago, drunk and furious. John B and Sarah tried to stop him and make him leave, but I told them I could handle him. As mad as he is, I know he won't hurt me.

"I don't understand why you are so mad Rafe, we broke up three months ago. My life is not your concern anymore." I say back, not screaming because honestly I don't want my brother and his girlfriend to hear.

"Your sleeping with him aren't you?" He questions slightly under his breath.

I knew as soon as Topper saw me and JJ leaving the beach hand in hand yesterday he was going to report back to Rafe.

"That's not your business" I scoff, turning around facing the window.

"The hell it isn't, how long has this been going on? Huh, were you sleeping together when we were together" I don't respond because frankly I don't know how to. "You were weren't you, you're such a slut."

"I can not believe you just said that, first of all no I did not sleep with him when we were together and second you have no right to call me that"

"Why it's true, it has to be if you are going out with fucking JJ Maybank, he's like the biggest fuckboy on the island"

I turn back around and almost slap him across the face, because he has no right to call JJ that.

"Don't call him that" I yell.

"You know what I'm glad we are over, I can't believe you, you are just a selfish whore" He snarls and with that John B swings that door open to my room.

"I think it's time for you to leave" He stares angrily at Rafe.

Rafe gives me one last look before he exits, I can hear him mutter "slut" under his breath. And as soon as he is gone, Sarah rushes to my side to make sure I'm okay.

As soon as her arms wrap around my body I break down.

"Hey, it's okay y/n" she whispers trying to calm me down, but it doesn't work. I can feel a panic attack coming on.

"What can I do?" She asks and without hesitating I answer "JJ, I need JJ" I cry out.

I can tell she is shocked, me and JJ were never the closest in the group, but after Rafe and I broke up, he was there and it started as just sex, but grew into something more. Something deeper.

—---------------

JJ POV:

As soon as I got to the chateau I ran straight into the living room, looking for y/n but instead I was met by my best friend.

"Where is she?"

"She's in her room" John B says, I start to make my way over there but he stops me in my tracks

"Bro what the hell is going on?" I don't even pay attention to his question, all that matters right now is my girl.

I storm past him and shut the door behind me, I see her curl up on her bed sobbing.

I quietly walk up to the side of her bed and get down to her level.

"Baby?" she looks up with her tear stained cheeks and I feel my heart break. I immediately wrap my arms around her and pull her into my body.

"What happened?" I ask softly

"Rafe" she lets out "He he came by and started screaming at me because topper told him he saw us together" She is still sobbing

"He - he called me a slut and accused me of cheating on him" I softly rubbed her back trying to calm her down, and myself because I want to punch the shit out of Rafe right now.

"He said that I was a whore because I was sleeping with you" \

Before she can go on I lift her head to look at me. "Baby you listen to me okay? You are not a slut or a whore. You hear me" she just looks at me with sad eyes.

"You are the best girl in the whole world, you are kind and you have such a big heart" I continued to stroke her hair. "You are not any of the things he called you, you know that right?"

She slowly nods and curls into my arms even more and lets out a content sigh.

We stay like that for a while before she looks back up at me.

"Thank you for coming" she whispers

"I'll always be here baby," I kiss her forehead "I love you"

Her eyes go wide, and then I realize what I said. We haven't said those three words yet.

"You love me?"

"Of course I do, you are the best thing I have in my life" I smile at her. I don't even care that I said it first.

"I love you too" She says and I feel like my heart explodes, I swear this girl is everything to me.

I find her lips with mine and for some reason this kiss feels different.

Once our lips part she curls back into my chest and I pull her into my arms as if I let go she would be gone.

Soon enough we drift off to sleep.

(895 words)