Shoot Me

This is literally my worst nightmare. I knew that we shouldn't have gotten involved with Barry, but no one listens to me.

So here I am watching my best friends get the shit beat out of them by guys who have to be at least ten years older than us.

John B is laying on the ground, blood pouring from his nose.

Pope is trying to fight one of the other guys, and he manages to land a pretty solid punch. But it wasn't enough, he ended up on the ground groaning out in pain.

And then JJ. He was Barry's target this whole time, and it shows.

I knew that we shouldn't have gone out this morning, and luckily Kie and Sarah decided to stay home. I don't think I could watch them get hurt too.

The man holding me back has the tightest grip on my arms and no matter how hard I try to break free, I can't.

Then I see it, Barry pulls out a knife and JJ doesn't see.

"Jay" I screamed, but I was too late. Barry plunged the knife into JJ's leg forcing him to the ground.

"You should have stayed out of this Pogue" Barry snarls as JJ lays on the ground in pain. Next thing I know Barry is beating the shit out of JJ.

"Stop, please stop" I yell, while the tears flow down my face.

John B and Pope were still on the ground, I couldn't tell if they had passed out or not, but I knew one thing. JJ is in trouble.

I continue to plead with Barry as he beats the shit out of the boy that I love.

Then he pulls out a gun, and aims it straight at JJ's head.

"NO" I scream, finally managing to break free from the man's grip.

I run over as Barry stands up and points the gun in my direction. I stop in my tracks and take note that JJ is still breathing.

"Please Barry, don't do this" I cry out.

"Someone has to pay sweetheart" He snarls, continuing to point the gun at me.

"Then shoot me" I say "You want to make them pay, then kill me."

I take a deep breath when I see Barry look down at JJ and then back up at me.

"You want them to feel pain, loss, take me. John B is like my brother, I'm the closest thing to a sister he has, and Pope he is my best friend, he has known me since we were in diapers." I say pointing at my best friends as they continue to lay there in pain.

"And JJ" I take a moment to look at my boyfriend, who is now passed out on the ground. I can feel the tears well back up in my eyes "I'm the love of his life. You want to hurt them, then shoot me" I plead once more.

I honestly don't know what I was thinking, but if it was going to stop all this, then he could take me. As long as the boys are okay.

Barry looks around at the guys with him and then shrugged his shoulders, and I hear it.

Gunshot.

I look down and see the blood start to pour out of my stomach. And when I look back up, they were all gone.

I felt myself go weak, and I dropped down to the ground, clutching my stomach.

I can faintly hear cries, as I lay on the ground. It's weird like I can't feel anything.

Before my eyes close I see Kie and Sarah, then everything goes dark.

___________________________

I wake up to monitors surrounding me, confused for a second. I take a look around. Then I remember, Barry shot me.

I look to the side and see JJ asleep in the chair next to me. I try to move up and get a better look at him to make sure he's okay, but the pain is too much and I groan out.

The noise wakes him up and he looks at me like he just saw a ghost.

"Oh thank god" he breathes out, standing up to come over to the side of the bed.

"I thought I lost you" He says as he runs his hand over my cheek.

"Never" I smile.

"Do you remember what happened?" He asks quietly as he pulls the chair over closer so he can sit with me.

"Yeah, do you?" I ask back, almost afraid of his answer.

He looks deep into my eyes and nods. I can see tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Baby, why did you do it?" He asks

I look back up at the ceiling trying not to break down in tears and take a deep breath.

"Because I love you so much, and I would rather it be me than you. JJ you are so special and the world needs that." I say still not looking at him.

He runs his hand over my cheek again in an effort to get me to look at him. I turn my head with tears in my eyes. This boy is everything to me.

"Y/n I need you to listen to me okay" He says and I nod.

"You are the most important thing I have in my life, you are everything. I can't lose you okay, and I promise that I will never ever put you in that situation ever again. I'm so sorry love" He lets out a few cries as he talks

"Hey, i'm okay, we are okay. And I promise that I won't offer my life to a gunman again," I let out a little laugh earning a serious face from JJ.

I put my hand on the side of his face and pulled him toward me. As soon as his lips touch mine, all my pain fades.

"I love you" I whisper against his lips.

"I love you" He smiles back. 

(997 words)