Single Dad

Requested by clownheadass: single dad jj but then he meets y/n and falls in love with her and she becomes sort of a mother figure to his kid

JJ POV:

Most people would have thought that by 24 I would be wasting away my life just like my father did, but here I am. I have a job, an apartment, and enough money to put food on the table. And I have one person to thank for that, my daughter, Carolina.

She is the light of my life. When I was 18 I ended up getting a girl I met at a party one night pregnant. She told me that she wanted to keep the baby, and there was no way that I was going to abandon my child.

So I was there through it all, and I actually thought that we were going to raise our baby together, but a few days after she gave birth to Carolina she told me that she was leaving. She said that she couldn't raise a baby, and it was stupid for me to think that I could do it.

As much as it hurt and as scared as I was, I wouldn't make any other choice. Carolina is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She helped me get my life together. Her and the pogues are all I have even needed. Until I met her.

Six weeks ago

"Care we have to go!" I yelled through the apartment. Me and Carolina were going to the wreck to meet up with the Pogues and I didn't want to be late.

"I need help," Carolina said as she ran over to me with her shoes in her hand. I have been working on helping her learn how to tie her shoes. She has been doing a good job, but she always gets flustered when we are in a time crunch.

"I got you baby" I bent down and put her shoes on for her.

"Thanks daddy" she says once I get her shoes tied. Her smile is my favorite thing in the world.

"Of course, peanut, you ready to see your aunts and uncles" I pat her head and grab my keys.

"Ya!" She smiles and follows me out the door, and we make our way to the wreck.

On the drive there we listened to the soundtrack to Frozen, which is Carolina's favorite movie. I am not afraid to admit that I know all the words to every song.

Once we get to the wreck, I hop out and get Carolina out of the car and as soon as her feet hit the ground she goes running inside.

I can't help but smile when I walk into the wreck and see her with my friends, well my family.

I start walking over there when I knock into something.

No Someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry" the girl says as she turns around.

Words don't even come out of my mouth, because this girl is quite possibly the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I just stare, her hair is perfect, her eyes, I feel like I have been looking into them all my life.

I finally snap out of my trance when I realize I have been staring "Oh it's no problem" I smile "I'm JJ" I stick out my hand, god JJ really.

She looks up and sends me the sweetest little smile and grabs a hold of my hand to shake it. "I'm y/n" she says, wow y/n what a beautiful name.

"Well it's really nice to meet you y/n" I say holding her hand for a little too long.

"You too JJ, see ya around" she smiles and turns around walking away.

God I'm in trouble.

I made it my personal mission to find her again. And after looking for a few weeks I did.

Since then I have been getting to know her, she is literally amazing. When I told her that I have a kid she didn't even think twice. The first thing she said to me was about getting to meet Carolina one day.

We had been hanging out for like three weeks when I worked up the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend, and she said yes.

That was a week ago, and today is the day that she is going to meet Carolina. And I am so excited.

I told y/n that we would meet her at the beach around 11, it's currently 10:45 and I am trying to get Carolina out the door.

"Care come on honey, we gotta go" I say as she walks out of her room.

"Are we going to meet your special friend?" She asks cursorily.

"Yes we are" I smile big, as nervous as I am I think that this is going to go great.

"Yay" she smiles and puts on her flip flops.

When we get to the beach I immediately spot y/n. She already has a spot by the water with a blanket laid out.

I grab Carolina's hand and we walk down. The closer I get the harder I can feel my heart beating.

As soon as y/n sees us she quickly stands up and smiles.

"Well hello there" she says as she bends down to talk to Carolina.

"You must be carolina" she says putting out her hand for Care to shake "your dad has told me so much about you"

Carolina smiles at y/ns words and eagerly shakes y/ns hand.

"My daddy was right, you are really pretty" Carolina says causing my cheeks to heat up.

"Oh is that right" y/n giggles standing back up and kissing my cheek.

"Hi baby" I say as I wrap my arm around her waist. She looks up and smiles back at me.

We go over to the blanket and I watch as y/n and Carolina talk and laugh and I swear that I have never been happier in my life.

After a while I find myself watching all the kids catching waves, I guess that y/n noticed me stare cause she looked back as she was playing with Carolina and said "JJ you know if you want to go catch a few waves, we'll be fine"

She truly caught me by surprise, but I never miss the opportunity to go surfing. I look over at Carolina and ask her if she is okay to stay with y/n. She smiles bright and nods going back to playing in the sand.

I take that as a yes and thank y/n kissing the top of her head.

After a little while I make my way back to the girls, and they are both laying on the blanket "tanning" but in reality they are laying on their sides giggling.

"You two have fun?" I ask as I sit down with them, Carolina instantly getting up and sitting in my lap.

"Yeah daddy, we talked and built a sand castle, and y/n told me funny stories about you and I told her about the time you fell off the swing set at the park" Carolina tells me with so much excitement in her voice.

"Hey that was supposed to be a secret" I laughed at her comment about the swings.

"Oops" she giggles "Can I go play by the water?" She asks and since we aren't that far away I nodded and watched her go to the edge of the water.

As I watch her I pull y/n into my side and she cuddles up to me, putting her arms around my neck.

"She's really amazing, you did a really good job JJ" Y/n says leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I try" I sigh, I know that i could give her more, but I really do try my best.

"You are a really great dad JJ" most of the time when people say something like that I tend not to really believe them, but when y/n say it I do.

"Thanks babe" I smile at her and give her a quick kiss.

We sat on the beach for a little while longer, just watching Carolina.

It just feels right, now I truly have everything I will ever need.

(1340 words - hope you enjoyed!)