The Question

JJ POV:

I have never been so nervous in my life as I approach my girlfriend's front door. It takes everything in me to knock on the door.

A few moments after my knock y/n's mom answers the door.

"JJ, hey sweetie how are you?" she smiles sweetly

"I'm good Mrs. L/n" I can feel my hands getting even more sweaty than they were before.

"Good, umm, y/n's not here right now, I think she is with kiara at the wreck" she starts to say

"Actually I was here to talk to you and Mr. L/n if he's home" I say nervously

She half smiles and nods then she signals for me to come in.

I walk in fairly slowly, she guides me toward the living room where I see y/n's dad watching tv with a beer in hand. Even though I know that they both like me I still get nervous around them.

"Hey JJ" her dad greets me and waves his hand for me to sit down in the living room with him. "What are you doing here, y/n's not home"

"I know sir," I gulp down my anxiety "I'm here to talk to you two, if you have the time" I rub my hand on the back of my neck as I sit down.

Y/n's dad grabs the remote and turns off the tv as her mom comes and sits down next to him.

"So JJ what did you want to talk to us about" her mom asks as she takes a sip from her drink.

I have literally never been so nervous in my whole life.

"I, umm, well I have a question to ask you two. And before I ask, I just want you two to know how much I love your daughter." I say gradually gaining some confidence "She is literally perfect, like the best thing in the whole world. And if anything that is proof of how you guys raised her. She is the kindest human ever and so giving, I can't ever imagine my life without her"

They both have smiles on their faces, I hope they really understand how much I love their daughter.

"Anyway I'll get to my question, I umm" I pause for a second and take a deep breath in "I would like your permission to marry your daughter. And before you say no, I know that we are young, but I know for a fact that she is it for me."

"JJ" I faintly hear her mom say but I keep going

"I love her more than I have ever loved anything in my life. And I"

"JJ" Her mom says again, grabbing my attention.

I look up and see both my girls' parents with giant smiles on their faces.

"Yes" I say quietly

"You really love our daughter don't you" Her dad asks me looking me dead in the eyes

"Yes sir, I really do" I can feel tears forming in my eyes just thinking about my love for her.

Both her parents share another glance before looking back at me.

"Yes" They say together "You have our permission to marry y/n"

My mouth drops, "wait seriously?" I am stunned

"Yes seriously" Her mom says "We have been waiting a while for you to ask" her mom giggles a bit.

I find myself laugh a bit, my head falling into my hands "I totally thought that you guys were going to say no." I let out a huge sigh.

"JJ, we see the way that you are with her, and we see how much she loves you. If she wants to marry you then we would be more than happy to welcome you to the family" Her dad says standing up.

I quickly stand up to and reach for his hand to shake but he pulls me into a hug instead. "Thank you sir"

"You're a good kid JJ, just don't hurt her" He says patting my back

"I wouldn't dream of it" I say as I move to hug her mom.

"We love you JJ and so does she, probably more than you know" her mom says

I pull back from the hug with a few tears left in my eyes.

"Thank you" is all I say before I head out to find my girl.

—---------------------------------

I made my way back to the chateau to pick up the ring for y/n, it was my grandmothers. She gave it to me right before she died and told me that I would know who to give it to. And I do.

"Yo" John B says as I walk in, I am too excited and nervous to say anything back, I just had straight into my room and got the ring.

I walk back out to see that it's not just John B but Pope too.

"JJ" Pope says, grabbing my attention.

I still have the ring in my hand and by the looks for their faces they saw it.

"Woah what's that" John B says as he walks up to me.

"Engagement ring" is all that I get out.

"For y/n" Pope questions coming up to check it out too.

"No for the queen, yes for y/n" I roll my eyes "I just asked her parents for permission, now it's time to ask her" I say confidently

"Really bro, you're going to just ask her to marry you. I mean you're 18 years old" Pope says with a hint of judgment in his voice.

"Look I know you guys probably don't approve, but I don't care. This is the girl I am going to marry and as long as she says yes, we are doing this" I say

John B and Pope share a look before smiling back at me and pulling me into a hug.

"Look he's all grown up" John B says, I pull away from the hug and give him the finger.

"So how are you going to do it?" Pope asks

"I was just going to ask" I shrug, before the boys share another look.

"Lord do you need help" John B pats my shoulder, I guess just asking isn't going to cut it with our friends.

—----------------------------------

The boys managed to help me put together a cute proposal for my girl. They are going to get Kie and Sarah to bring her down here to "take pictures" then I am going to pop out for the side of the beach and pop the question.

I get a text from Sarah that they are almost here so I take my position.

Damn I haven't seen my girl in two days and the first sight of her all I can think about is how beautiful she is.

"Okay come over here" Kie points to y/n as Sarah pulls out her camera. That's my cue

I go up behind them and Kie steps to the side.

I am right behind my girl, as I kneel down on one knee, pulling the ring from my pocket.

"Okay turn around now" Sarah beams at my girl, and she does as she is told, being met by me.

"What the, JJ" she says putting her hands over her mouth.

I may be nervous but I have had this speech memorized since the day I fell in love with this girl

"Y/n L/n, I love you more than anything in the whole world, you are the kindest, sweetest, most selfless person on this planet. I can't imagine my life without you, and if you want to, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I can see the biggest smile on her face, and I see a few tears in her eyes.

"JJ, I-" her hesitation makes me a bit nervous but that shortly fades "Yes, a thousand times yes, of course i'll marry you"

I instantly pull her into a hug lifting her off the ground. Twirling her around, and as soon as I put her back on the ground she crashes her lips to mine.

Kissing her feels perfect, and I am about to get to do it for the rest of my life.

(1348 words)