My Girl

JJ POV:

I am currently waiting outside the old folks home for y/n to finish volunteering. I don't know how on earth I managed to land the kindest, hottest girl in the outer banks, but here I am.

I am sitting in a rocking chair next to this old guy who has to be like 90, but he is sleeping so I just play on my phone until she comes out and I can take her to dinner.

I am deep in a game of candy crush when I hear a groan come from next to me. I look up and see the old man looking over at me.

I send him a smile and go back to my game.

"So who you waiting for son" the old man asks me

I look back up and smile thinking about my girl "Just my girlfriend" I say "Her names y/n she volunteers ever Thursday"

The old man smiles and nods his head "Ah I know her, she is a very sweet girl"

I nod back at him, "You know she reminds me of my wife" he says

I look up at him and smile as a signal for him to continue telling me about her.

"She was the sweetest and she used to volunteer in places like this" the old man tells me about her. " We were married for 60 years before she died, she was the love of my life." He smiles like I do when I talk about y/n

"60 years, wow. How did you manage that?" I ask curiously

"Well I did what anyone would do. I asked her to marry me and then gave her everything I could in the world" He says, I laugh at his response.

"I'm just kidding" He laughs "It's honestly pretty simple. I asked her to marry me, bought some land, and raised our kids to be good humans. And I made sure to tell my Carol how much I loved her every chance I got" He smiles

I nod to him really taking in everything that he had said. "That's some really good advice, I think I might take it" I say smiling at the man.

After our talk the man went back inside and I stayed outside waiting for y/n. After a few minutes she comes out with a big smile on her face as always.

"Hi Jay" She greets me with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi baby" I smiled at her. "How was volunteering?"

"Ah you know the usual, amazing. But I am starving" She giggles

I laugh at her and grab her hand pulling her toward my bike.

"Were you waiting long?" She asks

"No, I was just chatting with an old guy" I smile , y/n turns to me and raises an eyebrow. "What I can chat up an old guy"

She giggles at me and I feel my heart melt like always, her laugh is the sweetest thing in the world. At this moment I remember what the old man had said to me: tell her you love her every chance you get.

"I love you" I blurted out as she put on my helmet.

She smiles at me with slight confusion, it wasn't the first time I was saying it, but I will admit I don't say it often.

"I love you too JJ" those words send butterflies to my stomach, as soon as she turns 18 I am going to marry this girl, no question.

(577 words)