Promise

Requested by clinexbailey: can you maybe do it me where y/n has a panic attack while her and jj are cuddling, then she passes out and jj panics but takes care of her, when she wakes up he just holds her all night to ease her anxiety.

Y/n POV:

Lately my anxiety has been pretty bad, most of the time it hits me when I'm alone so I just have to try and deal with it on my own. But today I had no such luck.

Me and JJ have been hanging out all day because there was a raging storm going on outside. We are currently cuddled up in bed watching netflix, I have my head laying on JJ's chest as he runs his fingers through my hair. I was half paying attention to the movie we were watching, but soon I found my mind wandering.

I hate it but sometimes I just get lost in my own thoughts. Mostly negative ones.

They just play through my mind on a repeat.

JJ's going to leave you, you know

He is going to realize that you are broken and run for the hills

Why would anyone want to stay

Your parents don't even want you around

Neither do the Pogues

These thoughts just wouldn't stop, I tried to focus on JJ's heartbeat, but nothing was working.

I could feel my heart rate rising, and my breaths becoming quicker. I tried to hide it but tears started to brim in my eyes.

"Baby you okay?" JJ asks as he continues to run his hands through my hair.

I just nodded hoping that he wouldn't notice, but like always he can tell when something is up.

He pulled me off his chest and that's when he noticed my state. As soon as his eyes met mine, I broke down in tears.

It was getting harder and harder to breathe, and I couldn't calm myself down. I could feel JJ running his hands up and down my arms as he was talking but I couldn't hear a thing.

I know I am scaring JJ, and to be honest I'm scaring myself. Which isn't helping.

I start to feel dizzy and then everything goes black.

—--------------------

JJ POV:

She passed out, like for real, she passed out.

I have no clue what to do, but she is still breathing. I mean I knew that y/n had panic attacks sometimes but I didn't know this happened.

How could I not have known? Damn it JJ focus.

I quickly look up on my phone what to do and it says to just let the person rest, until they wake up.

I guess that's my only option.

I just stare at her for what feels like hours, in reality it was like 5 minutes.

Her breathing slowed back down to a normal pace, and soon enough she was kind of opening her eyes.

"Baby" I whisper as she rubs her eyes and looks over toward me

"What happened?" She asked her voice still groggy from her sleep

"You had a panic attack love" I say as I run my hand down her face, she slowly sits up

"I'm sorry" she whispers almost in defeat

"Baby don't be sorry, I just wish I knew that things were this bad" I say putting my hand on her shoulder.

She still looks so sad and defeated, I don't want to push her but I want to know what caused all of this.

"Baby, what caused this" I ask quietly

She took a deep breath before lifting her head to respond "It's just my head, it goes crazy sometimes. I just started thinking about how everyone is going to leave and that no one really cares" she spoke so quietly, and avoided meeting my eyes.

"Awe baby" I coo as I pull her body into mine.

She seems to relax when she puts her head on my chest.

"I promise you that I am never going to leave okay" I tip her head up so that she is looking at me.

She slightly nods "Okay"

"No y/n I mean it, I love you so much, I need you to know that" I pleaded with her

"I know JJ, I do. I promise" she gives me a slight smile and I take that as my signal to pull her into a kiss.

When we break apart, I pull her back into my chest and we lay back down.

We stay like that for the rest of the night, I can only hope that she always feels safe in my arms.

(753 words- I hope that this is what you were hoping for!)