Our deal

Y/n POV:

I'll be the first to admit that splitting up probably was not the best idea. But, we all had our own mission. Mine, help JJ get the cross to Pope and Kie.

We managed to trap the crew in the hold, and now we were free to find the cross. JJ grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him to make sure that nothing happened to me.

Soon enough we found the cross. As soon as the cover comes off JJ looks up at me with the biggest smile on his face. "Surf Trip?" He grins and I just nod in agreement.

Our dreams were about to come true.

After we helped Pope and Kie guide the cross up, we made our way to the top deck to wait for John B and the lifeboat.

Unfortunately, we seemed to have missed the ship's captain when we were doing our trapping.

He appeared right behind JJ, I was the first to take notice.

"Jay" i yell to get his attention, JJ quickly turns around and met the captain leaping in for a punch.

JJ dodges the punch, then takes a swing of his own connecting.

"Y/n run!" he yells to me but there is no way in hell I am leaving him alone. The captain then pulls out his machete and takes a swing at JJ. I manage to help him slam the guy into the wall of the ship, knocking him back on his feet.

As JJ continues to hold him off, I look around for John B, but nothing. Suddenly I hear a thud causing me to turn around and see JJ on the ground.

The captain was standing in front of me, ready for a fight.

"Y/n!" "Y/n!" JJ yells as I duck under the captain's swing of his machete. JJ manages to grab a hold of his arm, fighting to get the weapon away from him.

The captain flings JJ off and with a harsh swing he aims the machete at my head, with enough time to spare I duck before it can hit me. But instead he makes contact with the side of JJ's skull.

"JAY!!" I scream in fear. I kick the captain before looking over the edge and seeing JJ face down in the ocean.

Without hesitation, I climb over the rails and jump in next to him.

I grab ahold of his body and manage to turn him around so his head is above water.

"Jay" I plead patting his face to try and wake him up.

"JJ please" I start to cry, "Baby you have to wake up. Stay with me, okay"

I look around and start screaming for John B, after a few moments I can feel my body growing weaker trying to hold him up.

I can feel the tears pouring out of my eyes, "Jay, i'm sorry, i'm so sorry" I say as my grip lessens.

Luckily before I let go I hear the rush of an engine. Then I see our friends approaching.

I can hear their cries for JJ after seeing him in the state he is in.

Pope and John B hoist JJ up onto the boat and as soon as he is safe John B reaches for my arm, pulling me up too.

I make my way next to JJ and cup his face in my hands.

"JJ, please you have to wake up. Please I can't do any of this without you." I cry as I place my forehead against his.

I could feel the fear on my friends faces, but also the slight confusion.

See me and JJ were always going to be it for each other, but we weren't together. Our deal was to just see where life takes us, we are both young and want to experience everything we can. But in the end, we both know that we will end up in each other's arms.

Our friends didn't know the extent of our deal, but they always knew that there was something there.

I continue to stare at his pale and almost lifeless body. "JJ you promised me, you promised me that we would end up together. Don't you dare back out on me now." I scream and cry as I pat JJ's face trying to get him to wake up.

In one last effort I lean down and place my lips on his, and whisper "I love you, come back to me"

With that JJ jerked up coughing up the water that he had inhaled

I could hear the whopping of our friends, but I just stared at the boy in front of me.

When he turns to face me, the biggest smile appears on my face.

"Hey" I say

"Sup" was his response, classic JJ. I shove the side of his face then bring him into my body, holding on for dear life.

I got lost in the conversation of our friends, as the boat started back up. I didn't even realize we stalled out.

My focus stays on JJ, until we reach land.

After claiming the beach as our own, Poguelandia as JJ calls it, I pull him aside.

Before either one of us can say anything his lips are on mine, and after a few minutes of a long passionate kiss we pull apart. Our lips still close as ever and he whispers to me "I wouldn't dare leave you now"

I look up at his eyes and smile, placing a soft and sweet kiss on his lips.

"Good, cause I would have had to kill you" I giggle, causing him to let out a laugh himself.

He swings his arm around me and we walk back to the group as I mentally prepare for the questions we are bound to get.

But honestly none of that matters, because despite all the uncertainty of our life at this moment, I have never been more sure that everything was going to work out. And that is because of him. 

(1002 words)