Baby Girl

"Boo" JJ says as he moves his hands away from his face, as he plays peek-a-boo with our six month old, grace.

I can hear her giggles from the kitchen, I can't help but smiling thinking about what a great dad JJ is.

I walk into the living room seeing him put his hands back over his face, leaving graces giggle to come to a halt. Then in no time he pulls his hands away again sending her into a fit of laughter.

"Someones happy" I smile walking behind JJ and running my hands up his back, staring over his shoulder at our daughter.

"We're having fun aren't we baby girl" JJ smiles as he starts to tickle grace.

Her baby giggles are the cutest thing in the entire world.

JJ stops tickling her and picks her up holding her in his arms.

"You think we should include mama in on our fun Gracie" JJ asks our daughter, earning a few more giggles from the little girl.

"I think that's a yes" He smiles as I walk over to the two of them and start to tickle grace myself.

Soon enough it turns into a whole tickle fest, JJ ends up putting grace back in her chair and starts to tickle me.

"JJ" I yell as he pins me down on the couch, I can't help but laugh "I'm gonna pee"

That doesn't stop him though, he keeps tickling me, until I start swatting at him.

"Oh alright, I give up" He says hopping up from the couch and putting his hands up in the air.

I sit up and attempt to catch my breath, I look over and grace is fast asleep in her rocker.

"How the hell did all that put her to sleep" I laugh looking over a JJ.

"That girl, could sleep though anything" JJ laughs coming to sit by me on the couch.

"Just like her dad" I say as he sits down and I put my feet over his lap.

He starts to rub my feet as we look over at our sleeping daughter.

"I still can't believe she's our sometimes" JJ says continuing to stare at her.

"I know, if feels like yesterday I found out I was pregnant" I say looking at JJ running my hand up his arm.

"I was so scared" He says running his hand through his hair. "I was convinced that I was going to turn out like my dad"

Before he could say anything else, I put a quick stop to those types of thoughts "JJ you are nothing like your dad. You are the best father to grace, I honestly couldn't imagine anything better."

JJ looks over at me an smiles, knowing that I am right. Sometimes the boy just needs to hear it.

"She's my baby girl" He says looking back over at her. I smile at his words, then crawl over so that my head is laying on his chest.

JJ starts to run his hand through my hair and I trace his abs through his shirt. Moments like these are my favorite.

After a few minutes JJ leans over and kiss the top of my head, then leans over and whispers in my ear "And you are the love of my life"

I look up at him and stare into his eyes for a moment, before I gently kiss his lips.

"I love you" I say putting my head back on his chest. God this boy is perfect. 

(583 words)