Prayers

this is based off of episode three of season two. 

Y/N POV:

It had been one long day. We had set off this morning trying to get to Charleston in time for this mysterious meeting Pope was summoned to, and were met with a shit ton of car trouble.

Now here we are in the middle of a field somewhere in South Carolina, laying in the bed of Pope's dad's truck.

I had found my place cuddled up against JJ, his warmth was something I always found comforting.

He has been my best friend for close to 10 years now, so being this close to each other wasn't anything new. If anything it was pretty normal. We would always share a bed at John B's or the countless nights he would stay at my house trying to escape his dad.

I have always had something of a crush on him, but the rule combined with my deep seated fear that I could lose him, has led me to bury my feelings way deep down. Kiara likes to tell me that she thinks JJ feels the same way and that I should just be honest with him, but I have never seemed to find the right moment.

Now here we are under the stars, and I just feel so safe with him. Like nothing else in the world matters if we are together.

I shuffled a little to get more comfortable and JJ just wraps his arm around me and pulls me onto his chest. It was like an instinct because his eyes never opened, he was just peaceful.

I tilted my head up on his chest and just stared at his perfect face. God I wish I could just kiss him.

I stared for what felt like hours, and when I thought that he was asleep I lifted my head up and placed a kiss on his forehead.

I kept looking at him thinking well he was asleep so just tell him how you feel, it's not like he can hear you.

So as I laid my head back on his chest I let out the one secret I have been holding in for a very long time. "I am so in love with you" and then I drifted off to sleep.

JJ POV:

I could feel y/n shuffle in my arms, and just as I was about to open my eyes and ask her if she was okay I felt her kiss my forehead. It was so sweet and gentle I just wished her lips were on mine.

See I have been in love with my best friend for like ever, but I was always afraid that she didn't feel the same way and that would ruin our relationship. So I just kept it hidden.

She found her place back laying on my chest, but not before I heard her say the words I had wanted to say to her all these years "I'm so in love with you"

I felt my heart jump out of my chest, I just wanted to tell her I felt the same, but I was supposed to be asleep. I wasn't supposed to hear that.

I opened my eyes and just gazed up at the stars, thinking about what a life with this girl could be like.

--------------------

Y/N POV:

JJ and I have been waiting in the car for Pope and Kie to come back from this mysterious meeting. We haven't really said anything to each other the whole day, which for us was weird.

I felt like something was off with him, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

"Okay Jay enough of the silence, what is going on?"

He turned his head to face me, a look of confusion on his face "What are you talking about?"

"You" I said "I'm talking about the fact that you have barely talked to me today, I mean what's up like did I do something?" I could feel my voice get louder, and I wasn't trying to yell at JJ, I just wanted to know what was up.

JJ bowed his head down looking at the floor of the truck. He was fiddling with his fingers, which was something he did when he was nervous. Out of habit I put my hands over top of his to try and calm him down.

"Did you mean it?" He let out softly

"Did I mean what?" I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

After a moment JJ's head rose and his eyes locked on mine "Are you in love with me?"

I was not expecting that to be what came out of his mouth, I felt my face turn red. I thought he was asleep when I said that. I mean of course I wanted him to know, but now it is really real.

I just took a deep breath and figured it is now or never.

"Yeah" I smiled, now interlacing with fingers with his.

"Jay I " I tried to get out my feelings before he could say anything but he just removed his hands from mine and grabbed my head pulling it to his.

Suddenly our lips were locked together.

This kiss was different from any one I had ever had. It was full of passion, love, and lust. I felt butterflies rise in my stomach as JJ put his hand on the back of my head to deepen the kiss.

"I am in love with you too" JJ said as we pulled apart for air.

We could have stayed like this forever, but we could hear yelling coming from around the corner.

"Come on!!" I heard Kie yell

Pope and Kiara both appeared running to get into the truck.

"Go go go" Pope yelled.

I guess me and JJ will have to figure things out later, cause right now there is a guy with a gun.

Wonderful.

(973 words)