Fear

As we walk into the church we immediately start looking for clues as to where the cross could be.

I kind of zone out because I always do better when I am focused on one thing. I can hear everyone talking in the background but I am not paying much attention.

I look up and catch a glimpse of the wooden planks at the top of the church, they look just like a cross.

While everyone else is occupied I start to climb up the side of the wall to get up to the panels. I am about half way up, when I hear John B yell.

"Y/n what the hell" His sudden outburst caught JJ's attention as he was looking at the old organ.

"Y/n get down now" JJ yells running over to try and pull me down, but I am up to far now.

I look down at him "Jay I'm fine, just chill" Honestly I love his need to protect me, but sometimes it can be annoying.

"No you get down now, it's not safe" He protests again, and then starts to climb up himself. But John B and Pope pull him down. "Bro you're gonna put too much weight on it" Pope says looking up at the old wood.

"Y/n you really should get down" Pope says looking up at me

"No Pope this is for your family" I say as i get to the first cross and then I start to knock on it. "This one is hollow, I'm going to check the other one" I say as I move across the unsteady beams.

"Baby please get down, it's not safe" I hear JJ start to plead. I look down at him and give him a reassuring smile.

"Y/n watch out for that wasps nest" I hear Kiara warn. I duck under it as I make my way to the other cross in the woods and knock, "Guy's there is something in here, someone get the crowbar from the car"

Sarah ducks out of the church to grab it then tosses it up to me. I pull the wood off and there it is, the cross. It is so freaking pretty.

I hear cheers from below me, and I smile.

"Okay now can you get down" JJ asks looking at me

I nod and start to move back to the side, not before I get stung, then again.

"Guys there stinging" I whine and I keep getting stung by the wasps, all of a sudden I lose my balance and next thing I know I'm holding on for dear life.

"Shit" I hear my friends yell, as they start trying to find something to catch me with.

JJ gets under me like he is going to catch me, but at this height it would only hurt us both.

John B yells at JJ to move, as they place cushions on the ground.

"Guys I can't hold on much longer" I yell in pain. Suddenly another wasp stings my hand and I lose my grip.

"Y/n!" is all I hear as I fall, luckily onto the cushions.

JJ rushes to my side and starts to inspect me.

"I'm fine jay" I whine out in pain, trying to catch my breath.

JJ goes to pull me into his chest, but we both start to hear wood creaking. Just as the cross fell out of the wood, JJ pulled me out of the way. Landing himself on the ground with me on top of him.

"Thanks baby" I let out laying my head on his chest.

"Holy shit" Pope says

Kiara comes over and helps me stand up "You good?" I nod at the girl and she helps me rub off the dirt all over me.