Storm Drain

y/n POV:

"JJ!" I shriek as my boyfriend starts to throw empty bottles from the storm drain at me.

He's laughing his ass off as I chase him around trying to get him back.

"Guys, focus," Pope says, his voice laced with annoyance.

Me and JJ stop running around and I look over at Pope "It's no use, the gun's no there" I say

"Well then it's probably still stuck in the drain" Kie huffs as she pulls another piece of trash from the ground.

"Good thing I brought the crow" JJ beams, moving to remove the grate.

"So are we gonna do like, rock, paper, scissors?" I question

"Or alphabetically?" Kie adds

Clearly none of us want to go down the drain, I can see the disdain on pope and jj's faces.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood, and then it has to come out of your pecker." JJ explains trying to get out of going down there.

Pope just nods and says "Yeah that's a pass from me" I just shake my head at the boys and look over at Kie.

"Our heroes" I laugh, she nods laughing too.

"Babe it's a pecker thing I swear." JJ comes over and I roll my eyes at the boy.

"Yeah okay" I laugh "I'll go" I volunteer

"Are you sure?" JJ and Kie both ask at the same time, I just nod my head and start to crawl into the drain.

After getting like 10 feet inside I realize how gross it really is in this place.

"Ugh You guys owe me for fucking life" I growl tredding through the disgusting water.

Finally I get to the drop basin and start looking for the gun.

Suddenly I feel something and go to pick it up and it was a dead things "Ahhhh" I scream

"Babe! y/n are you okay?" JJ screams frantically

"Ewww, yeah I'm fine but there is something dead in here" I say all grossed out. I can hear my friends asking if it was gavin but I was too focused on the now rising water in the drain.

"Uhh guys, should the water be rising?" I yell back down the drain

"Shit" Pope says

"Y/n come back NOW" I can hear the panic in JJ's voice. But it was too late, the water was already filling the drain.

"I can't, JJ help please!" I start to panic and begin to climb up the ladder in the drop basin.

As the water starts to rise something catches my eye, it's the gun. I quickly try to grab it before I can't see anything.

Before I know it JJ, Pope, and Kie are at the grate trying to pull it up.

I can see the tear welling up in JJ's eyes, I stick my fingers through the grate to make contact with him.

"JJ please" I plead

He looks down at me and trys to give me a reassuring smile "I got you baby" as he trys to pull the grate up.

"I love y-" I get cut off as the water rises above my face. I can feel my lungs start to burn and as I close my eyes, I feel my body get lifted out.

I start to cough up water, and I can feel JJ hovering over me trying to give me space, but I can feel his need to hold me after almost losing me.

After I cough it all up, I move into his arms.

"I'm okay" I whisper and he holds on for dear life.

As soon as I pull away I look back over at my friends, who also had tears in their eyes. I pulled Kie into a hug and put my hand on Popes shoulder.

"Well that was fun, but I think we should get this to Shoupe" I say as I pull away and grab the gun from the back of my pants.

"Holy shit baby you did it" JJ exclaim as he wraps the gun in his bandana.

I can only smile because despite almost dying, we just got the evidence that will save our best friend. And that is exactly want we need.

"Let's go!" Pope exclaims

JJ grabs my hand and pulls me toward Kie's car as Pope and Kiara head that way. Before we get in though he pulls me close. Not caring how gross I am right now.

"I'm so proud of you right now" He smiles placing a kiss on my lips "But if you are never doing anything dangerous again"

I smile at his protectiveness, and kiss his lips again "I'm not going anywhere baby, I promise"

He nods and grabs my hand, opening the car door so I can get in and then slides in next to me.

"Let's go save our boy" Kie says as she starts up her car. JJ interlaces his hand in mine and we all smile, this is it. We got this. 

(823 words)