It's love?

Y/n POV:

JJ and I walked through the door of my house, as I was on the phone with Kie.

"Kie I swear, I am fine. Okay" I was trying to plead with her not to come over. I was surfing with JJ earlier and got caught under the water. Leading JJ to have to rescue me and he may have had to perform CPR.

"Yes, I am sure. Go back to work, I'll call you later I promise." I said trying to get off the phone "Love you too" I said then hung up grabbing the bottle of water JJ had gotten for me from the fridge.

"Sorry, she wouldn't let me go. I mean I told her I was fine" I vented to JJ.

"Well, are you fine?" He questioned me as we sat down on the couch in the living room.

I looked at him unamused. Honestly I wasn't fine, I died for like a minute before JJ got me back. And to say that I was just "fine" was a total lie. But I wasn't going to worry anyone with that.

"Yes. JJ I am fine" I answered tilting my head in annoyance.

He just looked at me, almost like if he looked away I would disappear.

"What?" I was a bit confused.

"I'm just waiting for the truth" He shrugged, of course he knew I was lying.

JJ has been my best friend for my entire life, he always knows when something is wrong and most of the time he knows exactly what I need to feel better.

"That is the truth" I tried to convince him. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"We both know that you are not fine." He huffed, crossing his arms.

"You're right, I'm tired, so you can head out or something cause I am going to take a nap" I smiled with a hint of attitude as I got up off the couch.

"I'm not leaving," He said. I turned around to face him.

"Yeah you are" Now I was annoyed.

"No y/n you almost died today, actually you did for a minute so I am not leaving" JJ said stepping closer to me.

"JJ seriously I am fine, you can go now" I felt bad, cause he was right and I know that he loves me.

Well I think he loves me. JJ has always had a hard time with that word. I think the only time I ever heard him say it was when we sent John B off after peterkin was murder.

I don't blame him though, I have never been big on the word either and given both our homes lives I get it. But I do love him, more than a friend.

"Y/n I'm not leaving so stop trying to get me to lead" Damn he was persistent

"You know you can be a pain in my ass Maybank" I said, turning around to head to my room.

"Right back at ya, l/n" He quipped. I was not expecting that.

"Excuse me?" I laughed as I turned back to face him.

"Y/n you never put the wax back in the container, you insist on watching the same movie even though you have seen it seventy times, everytime I spend the night you hog the covers, you won't admit that we are meant to be together, you never let anyone else have aux, and I bet right now that there is a pile of dirty clothes on you floor" JJ ranted.

As caught off I was by his rant, one that took me by surprise. He said we were meant to be each other.

I just stared at him in awe. To say that I was confused would be an understatement. I mean of course we flirted and had sleepovers and talked about the future. But never like it was romantic.

I always knew I felt this way, but I never thought he did. Which is why I never said anything. But how the hell does he know?

"What did you say?" I managed to get out because I needed an explanation.

"About the clothes" he let out a faint laugh staring down at me as I moved toward him.

"No" fell out of my mouth so quiet I didn't think he heard

We met right in front of each other, standing face to face, inches apart.

"I wanna be with you for the rest of my life." He whispered, placing his forehead on mine, leaving our noses to touch.

"I was always too scared to say anything because you are my favorite person in the entire world, and the whole love thing scares the hell out of me. I know it does for you too, and I just didn't want to lose you. But today, I almost lost you and I just couldn't not tell you. I mean - " he was going to continue but I heard enough.

I pressed my lips up against his and they instantly melted together, like they were meant for each other. His hands gripped onto my waist, pulling me even closer and my hands made their way to his hair.

The kiss felt electric, like it was magic.

"JJ" I said as we pulled apart, gaining his attention. "I wanna be with you for the rest of my life too" I smiled looking into his deep blue eyes.

A smile that matched mine appeared on his face. He pulled me back into him, wrapping his arms around my body.

Standing there in JJ's arms, time stopped.

He was everything I ever needed and more, and no matter how damaged we are, together we can do anything.

Even love. 

(944 words)