Lose You Too

Y/n POV:

I never thought that I would be here right now, but nonetheless here I am.

My dad is dead, my brother is lost at sea, and my best friends are falling apart.

It's been two weeks since John B and Sarah got lost in the storm, and nothing feels right. Kie and Pope stopped coming around, saying that it was too painful. And JJ he is so far off the wagon I don't know what to do.

I'm all alone and there is nothing I can do about it, everywhere I look I see my brother. Him laughing, playing around, driving the pogue. All of it, but everything I blink he's gone.

I sit in the house to sad to go anywhere, and I can hear his voice in the creaks of the floor board. I just can't do it anymore.

So I am going to leave the outer banks, and I'm not coming back. I've already raided me and John B's emergency cash stash and I have enough to make it far enough to start over.

And I'm leaving in the morning. But before I go, I know that I have to say goodbye.

So that's why I am currently standing outside the wreck to talk to Kie, I texted her to come outside on her break. I look up and see her walking toward me, she gives me a slight smile and I return it. She pulls me into a hug.

"Hey y/n" she says squeezing me tight,

"Hi Kie" I smile back,

"So what's up?" She says looking at the ground. I know that when they look at me all they see is him, I do the same thing.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being distant lately, and I want you to know that you are the closest thing to a sister that I have, and I love you, no matter what" I started to tear up a little, kiara looked up to look me in the eyes and she had a few tears welling in her eyes as well.

She pulls me back into a hug, "I love you too" She says

As soon as we pull apart we both wipe the tears off our face.

"Kiara get back in here!" I heard mrs. Carrera yell from the front door. Kie rolls her eyes and looks back at me

"I got to go, but hey why don't we hang out tomorrow night, yeah?" I smile and nod my head.

I watch her walk away knowing that it was the last time. Well one down two to go,

Next was Pope, he was probably at home so I head over there.

When I get there I knock on the door and Mr.heyward answers.

"Hey kid, how are you doing?" He asks.

I smile "I'm okay, is um Pope here?"

"Yeah he's in his room, go on back" He smiles at me

I nod and walk back into Pope's room, as soon as I get into the doorway I see him on his computer no doubt working on a scholarship thing.

"Hey" I say gaining his attention. He looks over and smiles. I walk over and sit on the edge of his bed.

"I missed you" He admits looking kind of guilty

"I missed you too" I smile and he pulls me into a hug.

"So what bring you by?" He asks closing his computer

"I was just a little lonely and wanted to say hi" I lie

"You haven't been with JJ?" He asks in a confused tone.

See me and JJ are more than just best friends, I wouldn't say we are together, there is something there. And If anyone knows the depths of my feelings about JJ it's Pope, because honestly he is my best friend/