Breathe

Breathe y/n breathe.

That's all I can focus on as I am in the middle of a massive panic attack.

I haven't had one in a very long time, but I guess begin locked in a room by your crazy ex boyfriend is not the most calming situation.

I was trying to help my friends get the cross, but I got caught by Rafe before I could make it back to them.

I have my eyes clamped shut as I lose control of my breathing. I can hear voices, but it just sounds like a bunch of yelling. I can feel my pulse rising and my breathing getting faster. If I can't stop this I am going to pass out, and that is the last thing I need.

Okay, y/n focus. that is what my dad would tell me when I was younger, focus on something you love and it will ground you and your thoughts.

JJ. That is the first thing that came to my mind. He has been my best friend for forever. I always knew that it would be him in the end, because no matter what he is the one I want to go to with everything in my life.

I can still hear the banging and yelling on the other side of the door, but I just focus on the thought of JJ standing next to me.

The thought of him whispering in my ear that everything is okay, that I just need to breathe.

The thought of him calms me, and I finally feel my breathing slow. Not to normal but slower, my heart rate comes down and I can hear myself think again.

Before I can bring myself to open my eyes, the door to the room I am in swings open, I am too scared of who walked in to open my eyes. That is until I feel a hand cup the side of my face.

"Y/n" JJ whispers his face couldn't have been more that six inches away from mine.

I relax at his touch and slowly open my eyes. I see his bright blue eyes staring into mine.

"You're okay" He says running his hand down my cheek. "I've got you"

I let out a deep breath and wrap my arms around his body, he instantly pulls me into a hug and I wrap my legs around his waist. His hand goes to my hair and he holds the back of my head. "Let's get you out of here" He says quietly

I lean my head on his shoulders and as he carries me out of tannyhill I see Rafe laying on the ground, I can only imagine what the boys did to him for taking me.

JJ climbs into the van, with me still attached to him, and he just continues to soothe me the entire ride back the chateau.

As soon as we get there he carry's me into his room and lays me down on the bed. I can tell that he is going to go sleep on the couch in the living room, but after tonight I just want to be close to him.

"Stay" I say moving over for him to lay with me.

"You sure?" He sounds so unsure.

"I need you JJ" I choke out, trying not to fall apart again.

He instantly climbs into bed and pulls my body into his. He is so warm, everything just feels so right in his embrace.

I can breathe, as long as I'm with him, I really should tell him how I feel. But for tonight, I just want to be safe in his arms.

(609 words)