6: The Take Over, The Breaks Over

Gerard

I can hear Lindsey tense. She immediately knows that something's not right. She doesn't know what, but she knows that I'm going to tell her something that she won't like to hear. I can hear her tell Bandit that she's upstairs for a moment, and a about thirty seconds later, I hear a door close, and I know it's our bedroom door by the way it creaks.

"Gerard, w-what is wrong?" she stutters, and I can already feel my heart break in thousands of pieces. This is going to be hard. So I have to make sure to blame this all on myself, not on her... Which is the truth. She never did anything wrong. "Lindsey... I... I am sorry that I have to tell you over the phone, but I feel like it's important that we are honest to each other, and I've always appreciated our honesty in our relationship... And I know that we won't see each other that soon, which I why I want to talk with you about this now..." I start softly. Lindsey is quiet for a moment.

"You're not in love with me anymore. Are you?" she whispers. I sigh and nod, even though I know she can't see that. "I... I still like you Lindsey, you're an amazing girl, and I really want to keep seeing you, but yes... My romantic feelings for you are gone... Have been gone for quite a while now, to be honest." I confess, and fumble with the bottom of my shirt nervously. 

"I... Why... Why didn't you tell me sooner then? I mean..."

"Because I didn't want to cause Bandit all the pain that comes with this... And because I was hoping that my feelings for you would return. But they didn't, and I am so sorry... You've never done anything wrong, I promise."

"Well... I... Thank you... I... I saw this coming for a while now. You've been so distant lately... And, I am glad that we can be honest about this. Of course I am very upset now, but... Thank you for calling me, Gerard. I'd rather hear the truth, than that you'd lie to me about this. And don't worry about Bandit, we're still friends right. And if we ever get in some sort of fight, we could always make sure that Bandit doesn't know. And of course you can still see her as much as you want when you're back in L.A. I know how much she means to you. But, I am quite curious now. Is there anyone else?" she asks me then. I chuckle a little, because of course, Lindsey would know. "Yes, there is actually. But..."

"But what?"

"He doesn't know that." I say then. Lindsey makes a startled noise and I frown. "He? You're... Oh Gerard, I knew you weren't straight, I knew it!" she laughs and I laugh with her. She always tried to convince me that I wasn't straight, but I never believed her, until I got feelings for my best friend of course. "Yeah, you were right about that." I chuckle.

"So, who is it then?" Lindsey asks me curiously. I grin. "Can't you guess? It's very obvious, to be honest."

"Oh God, it's Frank. You're in love with Frank! That is so cute! No really Gerard. I wish you the best of luck with him. Go tell him. Promise me you'll tell him." she says and I tense. "No. No Lindsey I can't do that..." 

"Oh fuck you. Of course you can. It's easy. Go to Frank, say him you love him, and it's done! You can do this Gerard. Go for it." I groan and sit down.

"Fine. I'll tell him... i don't know when, but I will..." I sigh, and Lindsey hums in approval. "Make sure you tell him soon. You could be honest with me, and you can be honest with him. And Gerard... Have you never noticed the way that boy looks at you? It's pure adoration. I bet he has the same feelings for you."

"So, you want to bet? Well, I think when I tell him, he'll hate me. And if he doesn't, he'll create some distance between the two of us. Ten bucks."

"Deal, Gerard. But I'll win for sure. I know it."

"Of course you will... No Lindsey... But hey, enough about him, I am glad that we could talk about this. As soon as I'm back in L.A., I'll come visit you and we can talk about this further. I have to go now, we have an interview at 9 AM and I need to get ready."

"That's fine Gerard. Again, thank you for calling me. I'll talk to you later. And uh, you better tell Frank soon."

"Sure thing."

"Good. Bye Gerard."

"Bye Lindsey."