36: This chapter is not that significant, but important anyways

Gerard

I smile when Gabe and William get ready to go home. Frank fell asleep on the couch, and William started to fall asleep as well, so we decided it had been enough for this evening. Gabe smiles at me. "Don't worry, Gerard. Frank might cling onto his submissive side a little, but I think the clinging will fade with time. It's very obvious though that he really is very submissive, more than William here. More than Lindsey was." Gabe says. I nod. "Yeah he is."

"Are you willing to be his Master like that? It's a beautiful relationship, but both sides have to be comfortable with it. Not everyone likes it like this." Gabe says then, looking at William and taking his hand.

I smile. "I know. I never thought it was something for me, but with Frank it makes so much sense. It feels right. I want to be his Master." I smile and I feel so happy. I already thought about it, but saying it out loud makes it so real. It makes me emotional. Gabe sees it and he grins. "I am so, so happy for you Gerard." he says and hugs me tight. "Take care of your boy. He's so sweet. If you two will develop this relationship? I bet it'll turn out as one of the best." he smiles. I smile back at him. "Thank you, Gabe."

He lets go of me, and then William hugs me as well. "Frank will get better. Sooner than you might think. His trust in you is huge." he smiles. I run a hand through his hair and hug him a little tighter before letting go. "Thank you. Both of you. You are seriously my best friends. Be careful on your way home."

"We will."

I open the front door, and watch them get into the car. As they drive off, I wave at them, and then when they've disappeared into the night, I close the door. I walk to the living room, where Frank is still fast asleep. I decide to just get a blanket for him. He hasn't slept that well for a couple of days, he deserves every minute. So I get two blankets, and I gently tuck him in. I lay down on the other couch and pull the other blanket over my body.

I fall asleep within minutes.

------

"G-Gerard?" I hear and I groan as I try to open my eyes. I look right into Frank's tear-stained face and my sleep is gone immediately. "Hey baby... Come here..." I whisper and hold out my arms. Frank crawls under my blanket and wraps his arms around me, pressing his face against my chest. He's trembling. I pull him close against me, trying to comfort him. To protect him from whatever made him cry. "What happened, sweetheart?"

"Nightmares" he chokes out. I bite my lips and softly rub his back. Again. Again those goddamn nightmares. I wish they would leave him alone... It's not funny anymore. Not that it ever was, but now it's frustrating me. I want to see Frank happy again. I kiss his hair. "The same?"

Frank shakes his head. "N-no... This one was worse... T-They killed you in front of me..." he whispers and sobs quietly. I keep holding him close against me, rubbing his back. "I'm here. Frank. I'm right here. They didn't kill me..." I whisper softly. Frank makes a noise low in his throat, almost a sob. Or I groan. Something in between.

"I-I know... But... What if, somehow, you'd die? I'd be lost... Really. I'm so scared, Gerard. I can't lose you..."

"You won't lose me, really. Hey... Look at me." I whisper. Frank looks up and wipes his tears away. "I won't leave you. I won't die until I get very, very old. Which is a long time away. Please, don't be scared..." I whisper. Frank sighs. "I... I know. I know I just... I'm afraid." he whispers then. I smile gently at him. "It's okay to be afraid, really, just don't try to let it take control of you. Try to distract yourself. Why don't we watch a movie together?"

Frank smiles. "That'd be nice..." he whispers. His breathing slows down and I know he's calming down. Good. "Sorry for waking you up." he says then. I raise an eyebrow at him. He blushes immediately. "I-I know you want me to wake you up when things like this happen, but I still feel guilty when I do."

"Nothing to feel guilty about, now we get to watch a movie together." I smile. Frank chuckles. "Really, Gee, you're unbelievable."

"I know."