46: Gabe's Reassurance

(After this part I'll focus on Frank and Gerard again. Thank you all for reading this story, I love this one so much).

Gabe

I swallow as I stare at the entrance of the Black Shadows. I know that Gerard and Frank are right. I should do this. I know that people have always liked me. I just don't know how they'll react to the fact that my sub stole money from here. What if they think I'm a bad Dom? Am I a bad Dom? I really don't know this anymore.

"Come on, Gabe, it'll be okay."

"I know."

I give them a faint smile. Frank looks up at me and sends me an encouraging smile. I really like Frank. He's strong. He's been through so many shitty things and yet here he is, smiling. He trusts in my abilities as a Dom, and I know I should treasure that. Especially now that my own sub has let me down.

"Well, what are we waiting for then." I joke and make my way inside. I'm still nervous, but at least I'm not alone in here.

As I make my way inside I'm welcomed by the far too familiar smell of leather and sex. The lights are dimmed, people are shaking their ass on the dancefloor trying to show off their best moves.

I'm home again.

A wave of sadness washes over me. This was home to William as well. It was our favorite place to go. We knew almost everyone. We share so many memories of this place. I still remember the day he walked in. I was so shocked to see him here. I had never expected my crush to walk in here. But he did. And we had sex. It was the best sex I'd ever had and ever since that day, we've been together.

I shake my head. I shouldn't think like that. William chose to betray me. It's over. Done. Now this is my home again. Not his.

I force a smile on my face as I see Billie behind the bar. He probably took my place as a bartender for the days that I've been gone. Gerard and Frank smile at me, trying to encourage me to go on. I take a deep breath.

I can do this.

"Hey, Gabe!" Billie smiles happily and puts down the bottle of wine. "How good to see you again!"

I sit down on one of the barstools and nod.

"Actually, it's nice to be here again." I confess. "I missed this place."

Billie nods. He knows exactly what it feels like. I remember one time he and his sub came back from a long holiday. I'd never seen anyone as excited as them when they finally walked back in. I know that the Black Shadows is home for a lot of people. Here, they can be themselves in a way they can't be anywhere else. 

"Billie, I..."

"What is it, Gabe?"

I swallow. Isn't it weird to ask if I can still take over his place? Wouldn't that seem greedy? Or too soon? I inwardly scold myself for being so insecure. Frank and Gerard want me to do this. I want it as well. I just need to get the right words out of my mouth. Which isn't that easy.

"About the Black Shadows. Uhm... You know... Would you still want me as the new owner?"

Billie stares at me in confusion. Oh God. I knew he wouldn't want that. How could I even think for one second that he would let me? I'm such a horrible Dom...

"Why on earth would I have changed my mind about that? Of course I still want you to be the next owner."

"But-"

"Why, Gabe, wouldn't I want you?"

I look down at the floor. 

"Because I'm a bad Dom."

Billie growls under his breath and motions someone else to keep an eye on the bar. Billie walks towards me and gestures me to follow him.

"Billie, where-"

"Just wait and see."

I stick my hands in the pockets of my jeans nervously as I follow Billie. What on earth is he planning? We walk past the dancefloor, over to the more... sexual scenes. We walk towards a couple at the St. Andrews cross and stop. Billie motions towards the couple.

"Gabe, observe and tell me what you see."

"What?"

"Just do it."

I sigh and focus on the couple. I've seen them before. Daniel and Andrea. The sub is bound to the cross. Her eyes are shut. Her skin is showing fiery red marks of where the whip must have hit her. The Dom is a tall man, but not as tall as me. He's raising the whip again, ready to hit her again, when I see what's wrong.

The sub isn't really responding anymore.

Usually, a sub will tense their muscles in anticipation as the next hit is about to strike. It's a natural defense mechanism of the body. But this sub isn't. She's so far into subspace that she won't even really feel the pain anymore. She won't be able to safeword out of the scene. 

I quickly grab the hand of the Dom, preventing him from hitting his sub again. He turns around angrily.

"Who do you th-, oh. Hello Gabe."

"Hi, Daniel. I don't want to interrupt your scene, but look at your girl. You should stop the scene. She's too far in subspace."

"What are you talking about? If she wanted me to stop, she could just say her safeword."

I sigh and take the whip out of Daniel's hands and drop it to the floor. I walk towards his sub.

"Andrea? Can you hear me?"

I don't get a response. I can hear Daniel curse under his breath as he rushes towards her and carefully unchains her. Andrea drops into his arms and he catches her. Daniel looks up at me, his face a bit pale. This startled him.

"Thank you, Gabe. I'll take care of her..."

"I know," I smile at him. "If it takes long, try giving her some chocolate and something to drink. It should help." Daniel is a sweet, caring Dom. But very inexperienced. He and Andrea will manage. I watch them as Daniel carries her towards one of the couches and wraps her into a blanket. Yes. They'll manage.

"See, Gabe?" I hear Billie's voice behind me. Oh, right. I turn around and blush. I know what he's going to say. 

"See, Gabe. You're a good Dom. A very good one. Just because William did what he did, doesn't change your capabilities. I wouldn't want anyone else to take over this place but you. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

I can do this.