27: Gerard Way is the hero of this story

Oh my gosh so many new views and votes o.o Thank you guys <3 I love every single one of you xxx

Frank

The next morning, my dad calls me. I sigh and don't know if I should take it. I know he will probably shout at me. Why else would he call me?Is it about what happened yesterday? Probably. I know it's not the smartest thing to do, but I want to know what exactly he has to say. So I pick up.

"Hi dad." I say into the phone. Gerard, who's standing in the kitchen to make breakfast for the three of us, looks up at me and frowns.

"Hello, Frank." I hear my dad's voice. I bite my lips. Hearing his voice already brings back so many bad memories. "I've heard your mom visited you yesterday?" he asks me then. "Yeah. That's true. Why?" I ask him, slightly nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have picked up after all.

"She said that... Well, that there are a few problems."

I look at Gerard again, and he immediately gets the hint and walks towards me and pulls me into his lap. I smile at him and mouth 'Thank you'. "What problems?"

"First of all, that you don't want to give us money. You didn't even let your mother explain what it was for. She also said that you, uh... Sorry, it's hard to say for me. She said you are gay. And that you were wearing a collar? What on earth?" he starts, and I can hear him getting angrier with each word he says to me. I cringe and don't know what to say.

"Well? Is this all true?"

"I-it is, but dad-"

"Oh God... You're a homosexual? Your mother wasn't sure... Oh God. Frank how could you do this to us? Don't you know how much you've hurt us? How much you've let us down? And what about the fucking collar? Don't fucking tell me you're one of those sinners who do all these kinky things? You're such a fucking whore. And besides this all, you still refuse to help us out? We need the money, Frank. We are your parents! You should have some respect for us! But no, Frank thinks kissing a boy and being a whore is something to be proud of. Are you seriously that stupid?"

I start to cry. "I... I don't...." I stutter, but then Gerard takes the phone out of my hands. I stare at him in shock, but Gerard doesn't seem scared at all. He grips my phone tightly and brings it to his ear. 

"Hello, Mr. Iero. My name is Gerard Way. Frank is done talking to you, so if you have anything else to say to him, you can say it to me and I'll tell him." 

He pulls me closer against his chest and rubs my back gently. "Who I am? I think I've already said that? My name is Gerard Way and- Oh. Yes, I'm Frank's boyfriend." I bite my lips. My dad is going to fucking kill him through the phone. 

"Mr. Iero? Could you please calm down a little? I can't understand a word you're saying." Gerard says then and grins at me. I can't help but to smile back at him and I wipe away my tears. How does Gerard has the courage to stand up against my father? Maybe because he never got beaten up... 

"Ah. I see. Well, it's not Frank's fault you drove your car into a tree, is it? It's yours. And if you don't mind, Frank deserves my attention more than you do, so I am going to hang up on you now. We would both appreciate it if you wouldn't call us again. Don't come to his house. Don't email your son... Leave. Him. Alone."

And with that, he ends the phonecall and looks at me. "Baby, are you alright?" he whispers and kisses my forehead. I nod and bury my head against his chest. "Thank you... I didn't know what to do..." I whisper quietly. "What did he say to you?" he asks me softly. I shrug. "To make a long story short, he said I'm a stupid whore." Gerard clenches his wrists. "You don't believe him, do you?" I quickly shake my head. "No, not anymore. I used to believe him when I was younger, but now I know it's not true."

"Good... The stupid asshole." Gerard sighs and holds me closer against him. "Let's do something fun today. We can go swimming with Bandit?" he proposes and I nod happily. "Yeah, that'd be awesome. And again, thank you, Gerard. You're the best."

"No problem, Frank. I'd do anything to protect you." he whispers and kisses me softly. "And now, let's finish breakfast. Do you want to wake up Bandit?"

"Sure." I smile.

I love him.