48: M-A-R-R-Y M-E

Gerard

"So... When are we getting married?" Franks asks me out of the blue. His eyes sparkle in excitement and he giggles.

I almost choke on my coffee and try to quickly put down my mug before I cough. I did not see this question coming. I mean, I've asked him to marry me of course, but I didn't know if Frank still felt the same way. When I asked him to be my husband, he had been very upset. His opinion could've changed.

Frank cocks an eyebrow at me.

"Well?"

I chuckle and put down my mug. 

"So, can I take this as a sign that you still want it?" I ask him. Frank nods happily and rolls his eyes at me.

"You thought I didn't want to marry you anymore?"

"Wasn't sure."

Frank giggles and sits down next to me. He kisses my cheeks.

"Of course I still want it! Why wouldn't I?" I shrug and wrap my arms around him and pull him in close.

"I thought that maybe you changed your mind. When I asked you... Things weren't that great. You were very upset. You could've said yes without really knowing what you were saying yes to. You never brought it up again so I thought-"

"You think too much, Sir. I love you. Yes, I was upset. But I've never hesitated about wanting to marry you once. You've seen me at my worst. You were there for me. You never left my side. I wouldn't be able to be with anyone else. I want you."

I smile happily and press a firm kiss onto Frank's lips. He hums in appreciation and leans in a bit more. 

"When do you want to get married, babe?" I whisper against his lips. Frank smiles and rests his head on my shoulder.

"I really don't care, actually. I don't want a big wedding, though. I don't want my parents to be here. Just the people I really care about. Maybe have a party at a local cafe after? Nothing too big. I want it to be intimate and casual."

"That, Frankie, sounds perfect to me. You really need to wear a suit though. I've always wanted to see you in a suit."

Frank laughs and wiggles his eyebrows.

"Do you now, Sir?"

"Hmm. You'd look very hot. So hot I might not be able to actually get you out of it as soon as the party ends, and then fuck you hard."

Frank's cheeks turn bright red and he swallows.

"I-I think I'd like that, Sir."

"Do you now, Frankie?" He rolls his eyes at my comeback and shakes his head. 

"So. Who do you want to be there?" 

"Uhm, my parents. Mikey and Ray. Bandit, Lindsey and Kitty. Gabe, Billie and some other friends from the Black Shadows?" 

Frank thinks about it and nods. He takes out his phone and types it down. We discuss about which members from the Black Shadows we want to invite, and eventually we list down about seven more names.

We also discuss about when we want to marry. Frank wants to marry as soon as possible. Me too, of course, but I am able to convince him to plan  it a bit later, because we need time to plan all of this.

"So... May 1st it is?"

"If we can find a place, yeah."

"Good."

Two hours later, we wrote down almost everything we want to do and buy for our wedding. We want to try to marry in a park, outside, around May 1st. We both want to wear a tux, we have a list of people to invite. We chose a cafe to ask if we can do our after party there. 

I am really excited. Ever since I've been with Frank, my life feels complete. He brightens my day. He makes me happy. He's perfect. He's beautiful, strong. He's submissive, but bratty enough to try challenging me. It often results in me punishing him, which he loves. It's exactly why he acts bratty.

I do miss Lindsey sometimes, but more as in 'we had a good time and it's okay'. She was sweet. I've spent a big part of my life with her. She's the mother of my daughter. I can't not miss her. But I'm glad I decided to divorce her. It's been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I smile as I watch Frankie, who is still looking at the details of our marriage plan.

Our marriage.

Frank is going to be my husband.

Soon.