26: The Talk

Gerard

I smile as I lay down Bandit in her bed. She had fallen asleep on the couch when we were watching Tangled with her. The moment I lifted her, she opened her eyes for a few seconds, smiled at me and fell asleep again. I pull the blankets over her small body and kiss her forehead. "Goodnight little girl." I whisper quietly and leave her room. I slowly close the door, and walk downstairs. Frank is there, waiting for me.

I fucking hate his mother. She completely tore apart his confidence. He finally felt comfortable. I saw it. When we were at Mikey's, he relaxed. He got into his submissive mindset around other people, and he was fine with it. But now... I hope she didn't ruin too much... I sit down next to Frank and pull him close. He sighs and closes his eyes. "You want to talk, don't you?" he whispers and his voice trembles. I bite my lips. "Well, yeah. I know you don't like it, but Bandit is asleep now, and I think this is the best moment to talk. We can take all the time you need, okay?" Frank nods. "Okay then." he whispers. Good. At least his mom didn't completely shut him down. "I am proud of you, Frank." I whisper and he gives me a faint smile. "Thank you."

"So... Where do you want me to start?" he whispers. I rub his back gently. "Let's start with what happened today."

"Well, she was here and she asked me for money, but I immediately said no. She tried to calm me down at first but I cut her off and then she got angry with me... Called me an idiot. A freak..." he whispers and I can feel him tense. "And it brought back so many memories... It really hurt. I am so glad you came home. I don't know what would've happened if you weren't home." he whispers. I kiss his forehead softly. "Go on... Just like the other day. Just keep talking and say whatever comes in mind. I won't ever judge you, you know that." I say to him. Frank nods and swallows. "I know..."

"It brought back memories of when I was younger. I tried so incredibly hard to never make any mistakes. To get good grades. To clean the house, to cook. I did everything I could to make them love me. But they never did. My mom used words to hurt me. My dad used his fists..." Frank says and he stops for a moment, biting his lips. "And I still kept trying... It was my fault. I should've tried harder. But no matter what I did, I would drop something. I would fail a test. And then I was too scared to go home, but the one time I tried to stay with a friend for the night... I never tried that again."

And then he starts to cry. I hold my arms close around him and kiss his forehead again. I can't believe this. I can't believe how you can ruin your own child like this. "Sweetheart... That's horrible..." I whisper softly. Frank slowly nods.

"Gerard? Maybe I should have given her money. Maybe she'd finally-"

"Frank. Even if you would give her money, she wouldn't love you. She would just find another reason to hurt you." I whisper. Frank sighs and nods. "I know... I know. I just wish... I just wish my parents wouldn't hate me." he cries softly. I cup Frank's face between my hands. "I know... I wish that too. But it just isn't like that."

Frank nods, he seems to calm down a little, but then his expression changes again and I can just see the hurt and anger spread across his face. "Her face when she saw my collar. When she saw you... I fucking hate her. I hate her so much! When I am finally about to get truly happy, she has to fucking ruin it for me." Frank sobs and clings onto me. "Gerard? I don't want to break down again. I don't want to think bad things about myself again..."

I sigh and make him look at me. "Then don't. I know it's hard, but instead of thinking about the things she said, try to remember what I say to you. What Ray and Mikey said to you. She is just too narrow minded to see what an amazing boy you are. But we love you, Frankie. Don't let her bring you down."

Frank nods at me and aggressively wipes away his tears. "I won't let her bring me down." he hisses and he smiles. "I won't."

I grin. "That's my boy!" Frank chuckles and suddenly he blushes. "Thank you, Gerard. Damn, why are you so smart."

"Hush, baby. You should thank yourself. You did this. I just helped, but you did this. You fought back. You stayed strong. I am proud of you."

Frank blushes even more and nods. "I did this. Oh my gosh... I stood up against her." he giggles. I kiss him. Frank lets out a satisfied noise and kisses me back. The touch of his lips is amazing. I could kiss him forever.

I am so proud of him. Of course he cried. But I would probably be more worried if he wouldn't have. But the fact that he fights back against her, makes me proud. The sweet little thing. He's been bullied by his parents for too long.