49: What a beautiful wedding

May 1st

Frank:

I am so, so nervous. I am going to marry today. I am going to marry Gerard. The man I've been in love with for so incredibly long. The man I thought I could never have because he thought he was straight back then. The man I thought I could never have because he was already married to someone else.

That man will be my husband.

Today.

It's not like I am second-guessing myself. Not at all. This is everything I've ever wanted. I'm just nervous for what I'll say. What if I stutter? What if... Gerard doesn't like my suit?

I know he'll love it. I know I'm being ridiculous. I just can't help my heart pounding inside my ribcage.

"You look wonderful, Frank." Ray whispers as he takes a look at me once more. He helped me to get ready. Mikey is helping Gerard today. Ray smiles and pulls me in for a hug.

"I am so glad you two found each other."

I smile back and tighten my grip on his waist.

"I am so nervous, Ray."

"I know. Here. Gee told me to give you this."

He pulls back from the hug and walks over his jacket. He takes something out of his pocket and hands it over to me. I quickly open it and stare. What is-

Oh.

It's a new collar. With a lock? I swallow as I trace my finger over the soft, vegan, leather and tears form into my eyes slowly. To anyone else, this might seem odd. But to me? It's perfect. Absolutely, 100%, perfect. I'll be his. Completely. I'll completely give myself up to him by wearing this.

I wipe away a tear and chuckle.

"Gerard has the key. If you want this, you can wear the collar and once you've exchanged your vows, he'll lock it. But if you don't want it, that's okay, the-"

"N-no Ray, it's perfect. I want this," I whisper. Ray smiles.

"Honestly, the two of you are so... Perfect and adorable. I wish I will one day find someone I can have such a wonderful and honest relationship with. I'm happy for you Frank."

"Thanks, Ray. I'm sure you'll find someone."

"I know. Now. Get that collar around your neck. Your husband-to-be is waiting for you out there."

I nod. I quickly walk over to a mirror and fasten the collar around my neck. It's perfect. It's soft, not too tight and the color fits me well. Gerard must've really thought this through.

I take a deep breath, and then I walk out. Everyone in the room silences and turns around to stare at me. I swallow. I let my gaze wander over the small crowd, and then I spot Gerard. He Is staring at me. His eyes widen.

I slowly walk towards him. I try to ignore everyone staring at me. I am to nervous to meet their faces, and Gerard's face is far more interesting right now. His eyes sparkle in excitement and his lips curl up into a smile. I can see he's nervous, just like I am.

I let out a deep breath once I stand still in front of my almost-husband. He quickly eyes my collar and smiles happily at that.

"You look beautiful, Frank. Absolutely stunning." His words make me blush deeply, knowing how much this means to both of us. It's not just a marriage. Not to us.

"So do you."

We turn around and speak our vows. We exchange rings. We kiss. Gerard locks my collar.

We're married.