7: I am gay

Gerard

"So... I broke things off with Lindsey." I say. Frank, who was just trying to sip on his coffee, drops the cup and hisses in pain when the hot liquid soaks his clothes. My eyes go wide and I quickly throw my glass of water over the soaked spots so that he won't burn. Frank looks at me. "Thank you."

"S-sorry I didn't mean you to drop the cup..." I whisper. Frank nods. "I know. And I meant the thank you. The water helped. But... Lindsey. You broke things off with her? Why? You love her!"

"Not anymore. I haven't been in love with her anymore for a long time. Today I decided I couldn't drag this out any longer. I called her, and she took it very well. She was upset, but she knew it was coming and she was glad I was honest with her." I explain. Frank just shakes his head. Not knowing what to say. So he just stands up and starts cleaning the floor. I stare at him. And he frowns at me.

"What. Do you want me to pity you or something?" he snaps. But before I can ask him what the fuck that was supposed to mean, there's a knock on the door. I glance at Frank one more time, who is stubborn and trying to clean the floor, and then I sigh and open the door. It's Ray and Mikey. "Hey Gerard-" Ray starts. "What the fuck is Frank doing." Mikey says then with a frown.

"Gerard made me drop my coffee." Frank mutters and once he's done cleaning the floor, he stands up and takes off his clothes. I quickly look away from him. "Yeah... uh... I told him I broke up with Lindsey and then he dropped his cup."

Mikey's eyes go wide and Ray just frowns. "But... why?" he asks me. I step aside so they can walk into our room and I close the door. "Because I don't love her anymore." I say, and tell them the exact same thing as I told Frank. Ray, of course, knows that there must be more. He always knows. "So... Is there someone else then?" Fuck...

"Well... Uhhh..." I stutter and my cheeks go red. Mikey chuckles and Ray just shakes his head and grins. "I knew it. So... Who is the lucky girl?" I blush even more at that, because well, they have no idea about the fact that I am not straight. So I just shrug. "I'm not going to tell you that. I am not even sure that my feelings are mutual. Actually I know they're not. So..."

Frank suddenly curses and when I look at him, I see he cut himself on one of the pieces of the broken coffee cup. Idiot... I quickly walk over to him and look at the cut. It's not a deep one, but it's bleeding, so I quickly grab a towel and press it against the wound. Frank looks up at me. "Thank you..." he whispers, and I have no idea why, but there are tears in his eyes.

"Mikey, Ray, could you please leave for a moment? I'll see you in an hour, okay." I say. Normally Ray and Mikey would ask me why, but now they see that something is wrong with Frank, so they nod and they just leave. I sit down next to Frank. It hurts me to see him like this.

"Hey... what's wrong?" I ask him softly. Frank shrugs.

"It's just... I've been in love with someone for a very long time now, but the feelings have never been mutual... You had a beautiful relationship, and you broke things off, and I am just jealous because I don't even have something to break off... Not that I'd want to break up but... You know what I mean..."

"That sucks... You know, the guy I've been-" I start and then blush when I realise my mistake. Frank looks at me in confusion. "Y-you're...?"

"I don't know. I thought I was straight until I fell in love with this man... Lindsey even laughed at me because she always told me I wasn't straight and I always thought she was wrong... But I have no idea whether I'm bi, pan, or gay... I don't really care." I say. Frank looks up at me and takes a deep breath.

"I am gay..." he whispers. Now it's my turn to look at hiim in shock. "What? I didn't know that! How long have you known?" I ask him. Frank shrugs. "I've known ever since I was a teenager." he says. I look at him and shake my head. "Woah..."

"So... When Ray asked you who the lucky girl was, it wasn't a girl?" he asks me. I shake my head again. "No. It's most definitely a man."

"Okay..."