44: Hollywood hills and suburban thrills

Frank

My eyes widen in shock. I can't believe this. This can't be true. I stare at Gerard and shake my head. 

"You've got to be kidding me."

"No, Frank. I'm sory. William really did steal the money. He confessed..."

My mind is spinning. I feel dizzy. I don't understand.  Why. Why would William do such a thing? I look up at Gerard again.

"Do you know more?"

Gerard sighs and shakes his head. 

"Not really. Gabe said a few things but he was so, so upset that I couldn't really understand what actually happened or why William did it. Frankie, I know we both need time for ourselves but I can't let Gabe down... Is it okay if he stays here tonight? I'm not sure what he'll do to himself. He loves,... loved, William. More than anything or any person in this world..."

I walk over towards Gerard and give him a hug.

"Or course he can stay. He's your best friend and he needs you. Are you going to pick him up?"

Gerard sighs and nods. He shakes his head in disbelief. He's just as stunned as I am. We both believed William to be innocent. No one is as they seem, I think bitterly. William was my friend. When he showed me The Black Shadows, I immediately felt at ease with him. Guess I was wrong.

The worst thing is that their bands were very close as well. They were friends long before they even got in a relationship. I can't even imagine how deeply hurt Gabe must be. I can't even imagine how much it'll hurt if I ever lose Gerard. I wouldn't just lose my boyfriend or my Dom, but my best friend as well. The one person who you can tell everything is the one that betrays you.

"I have to pick him up. He's probably trying to drown himself in liquor. He can't drive. Do you want to come with me to pick him up? I plan to leave in five minutes."

I shake my head. 

"No, I'll stay here. I'll make dinner and make sure he has a bed to crash on when he arrives." I say. Gerard smiles at me and kisses my forehead.

"Thank you, Frank," he whispers gently. "I truly appreciate that."

------

Five minutes later Gee has left to pick up Gabe. The poor thing. I wonder what actually happened. What William said. Maybe Gabe will tell us... If he has the courage to do so. I still don't understand how William could've done anything like this. They had enough money. WIlliam didn't need to steal. 

I sigh. I won't get any answers by thinking. I need to wait. I suck at waiting though. I better start cooking. I don't really know what Gabe does and doesn't like, but I don't think he really cares at this moment. I'll just make spaghetti without meat. Suddenly I think about the 'famous' saying about spaghetti. I don't even remember where I've first heard it but I've always loved it.

"So you're straight? So is spaghetti until it gets hot."

I giggle and mentally smack myself for being so dorky, but I just think it's really funny. And I could use some fun now.

------

Just as I finish making Gabe's 'bed' (the couch), I hear the front door open and I know they're back. It takes a few seconds before they walk into the living room. Gabe looks awful. Like, really awful. He's very pale, which he's not supposed to be at all. He hasn't shaved in days, and his beard looks messy and kind of filthy. His eyes are red. It's obvious he's been crying all day. There's nothing left from the optimistic and joyful man I once met.

"Hi, Gabe." I say softly. Gabe looks up warily and manages to put on a smile. 

"Hi, Frank."

Gerard helps Gabe to get out of his jacket. Gabe moves a little uncoordinated. He doesn't seem drunk, but he surely drank something. I wait until Gabe sits down on the couch and then I walk towards him.

"Are you hungry?"

Gabe looks up at me, and his gaze stays on my collar for a couple of seconds. I see the pain flash through his eyes. My collar. It reminds him of William. William wore a collar as well. It was different from mine but it had the same color. 

"I can take it off, if you want." I offer. Gabe immediately shakes his head.

"No. Please. Keep it on... You're a sweet submissive. You deserve to wear it and I wouldn't dare to force you to take it off." 

I smile at him. I don't like taking off my collar. But for Gabe I would've done it. I'm glad he's okay with me wearing it. The collar makes me feel like I belong. Gerard walks towards us as well and gives me a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you for the cooking and making the bed, Frankie. You did really well." I blush at the praise and can't help the smile that appears on my face. Even Gabe's face shows a slight hint of a smile. 

"What did you cook, Frank?" he asks me. I point towards the kitchen.

"Spaghetti without meat. I hope you like it. Do you want some?" Gabe nods. 

"I haven't eaten a lot the past couple of days but now that... Well... You know. I haven't eaten today at all. I'd like some spaghetti."

He hasn't eaten all day... The poor thing... I make my way over to the kitchen and get the three of us a plate. I want to know what happened, but I won't ask. Gabe needs to eat. He needs to sleep. And then we'll see.