✾𝟰𝟬✾

Tamayo pointed to Susamaru's eyeball

Tamayo pointed to Susamaru's eyeball. "The Twelve Kizuki have numbers engraved on their eyeballs, but this demon doesn't have one," Tamayo started. "Most likely, the other demon isn't a member of the Twelve Kizuki, either," Tamayo said. "They're too weak," Tamayo said. 

Y/n furrowed her brows. It was true, because, Asasahi was stronger than both Yahaba and Susamaru combined. "Too weak? At that level?" Tanjiro said with a surprised and shocked expression. "If Lady Tamayo says so, there's no mistake," Yushiro said. 

"Still, who knew there were such stupid demons?" Yushiro asked. "She psychically injured Lady Tamayo. She got exactly what she deserved," Yushiro smirked, satisfied that the demon who hurt Tamayo died in the worst way possible. Tamayo took a syringe and pluck it in Susamaru's arm. Pulling the handle as blood came rushing into the syringe. "I hope this blood will be instrumental in developing the healing serum," Tamayo said as she placed the filled syringe into a wooden box. 

She shut the box and stood up. "I'm going to take care of Nezuko," Tamayo said.  "Not only did I medicate her, but she also inhaled my spell inadvertently," Tamayo frowned. "I'm so sorry," Tamayo nodded apologetically towards Y/n and Tanjiro. Yushiro flinched. "Don't move a muscle! You both are on your own now!" Yushiro pointed at both of them. "I don't want to leave Lady Tamayo's side!" Yushiro exclaimed. 

"Not for a second!" 

Yushiro then scampered away, after Tamayo. Y/n looked at Tanjiro. "He's a bit obsessed, isn't he?" Y/n asked. Tanjiro nodded in agreement, but then again, he couldn't blame Yushiro because he would've done the same to Y/n. 

"Ma...ri..." a voice called out. Y/n and Tanjiro looked at Susamaru's body. "Mari... Mari..." Susamaru croaked. 

Y/n's eyes softened. "I think she meant her Temari ball," Y/n said as she slowly let go of Tanjiro, and grabbed the ball, walking over to Susamaru's remains. She placed the ball on the ground, next to Susamaru's blood. "Here's your Mari," Y/n smiled. "Play with me," Susamaru said in a small voice. "Play with me," Susamaru repeated. 

You're just like a little kid. Even if you probably murdered a score of people, Y/n thought sadly. "I'll play with you in your next life!" Y/n exclaimed. "How does that sound to you?" Y/n asked, tilting her head to the side a bit. The sun rose high in the sky as Susamaru's remains floated in the air, burning to ashes.  Y/n looked sadly on the ground. "I'll take that as a yes," Y/n said with a small smile.