Chapter 2: rescued

Narrator POV:

"AAAAHHHH!" A screamed echoed through your house and jolted you awake.

You ran and found your mother on the flower bloody and beaten with a demon on top of her. You saw your father, on the floor motionless. Your mother looked at you.

"Y/N!"

Your mother punched the demon and it was knocked out but only for a short amount of time. She grabbed you and put you on her back. Grabbing her Nichirin Blade on the way out she ran towards the foot of the mountain. On the way, you saw the town and the people who lived with you; that you loved so dearly were all dead. Your heart broke, as tear blurred your vision you could hear the sound of running behind you. The demon had come for you and your mother.

"Give me that girl! Her smell is intoxicating! I need to have a taste! Give!" The demon said trying desperately to catch you.

"Mother!" You said scared

"Y/n. Listen to me. No matter what, don't loose your heart. You have the most beautiful heart, soul, and body. The breathing form you even created is beautiful! I'm am so glad that I gave birth to a girl like you! Remember me and your father love you infinity." Your mother said as if this was the last time you will ever see her.

Little did you know. That was exactly what it was.
Your mother ran really far away from the demon. There was a river with a boat. It was quite small, it looked as if only one person could fit into it.

"Please forgive me. Y/n." Your mother cried

"Moth-" you were cut off as you passed out.

She laid you on top the boat covered you with a blanket, put wisteria flowers on you to cover your scent. Then giving you the blade she took with her and finally Kissed your head for the last time as a tear left her eyes.

"Please protect my child." Your mother put her hand together praying as she pushed the boat on the flowing river.

Your mother ran to distract the demon. The demon followed her until he eventually caught up to her.

"Where is that human you had with you!" It demanded to know

"I'll never tell you!" She screamed

"Then I'll just kill you!" It said back

"Very well...do it." She said

Right before her death, her life flashed before her eyes. Her time as a demon slayer, meeting the love of her life, retiring, giving birth to you, watching you grow up along with the lover of her life, a smile from the both of you was the last flash image she saw before she took her last breath. She didn't even feel pain. The memory of the both of you as she died let her feel no pain.

'Stay safe and alive. Y/n.'

🤍

You woke up . Hearing the sound of a flowing river. you lifted the blanket that was currently on top of you and realized your floating in a river! Then memories of last night played in your mind. You looked at the blade that was also in the boat. You grabbed it and held it close to your chest as you cried

"Mother...father..." you quietly sobbed. You were alone and scared. You didn't know what to do.

Soon your boat bumped into something and you look up and see you have reached land. You proceeded to exit the boat and make your way to a town you saw in the distance.

🤍

"Young lady are you all right. Your deathly pale and it seems you have been crying." A women asked concerned, there were no people around it was just you and her.

You broke down "no Im not. My mother and father were killed. Everybody in my village were killed. I was the only survivor! All I have is my mother blade, I'm all alone! I don't know what to do!" You cried as she then pulled you into her arms.

"There there. I'm sorry for your lost, what a terrible thing to happen to such a lovely girl. Would you like to come home with me? I'm sure my husband and children would not mind if you stay with us." She offered

"Really? You'll help me?" You asked unsure

"Yes. Come along, before nightfall comes." She said getting up as you held her hand. She lead you to her home.

🤍

You learned the woman's name was Amane Ubuyashiki. Her husband was Kagaya Ubuyashiki. He was the current leader of the demon slayer corps. You told him who you were and who your parents were. He was sad to hear about the former slayers fate but also pleased to know that you made it out alive. He asked if you had experience with breathing techniques and if you mastered any. You told him that you created your own and made about 8 forms so far. He was very impressed. They allowed you to stay as long as you like. You were eternally grateful to the family and promised to do your best. After all they rescued you from living on the streets

🖤