Chapter 22: The angel of the demon slayer corps

The aura he was giving off was really intense more threatening and powerful than any other one I've felt beside from Muzan.

He then ran to try and hit tanjiro, rengoku was quicker and sliced his arm.

He jumped back and his arm regenerated quickly

He looked at rengoku and smiled

"That's a fine sword."

Then he licked the blood of his palm.

"Why would you go after a wounded person over me?"

Rengoku questioned him

"I thought he'd get in the way of our little chit chat is all."

The demon answered

"What is it you would like to discuss? While this is our first time meeting I already dislike you."

Rengoku questioned then insulted him

"Is that right? Well I dislike weak human being, the sight of them makes my skin crawl."

The demon said

"If that is the case, I do not believe we will ever get along."

Rengoku answered

"Be that as it may let me make you an offer; why don't you become a demon as well?"

The demon answered

"No thanks."

Rengoku said

I now it was not the right time but I started lightly giggling.

Then the demon looked at me and just stared, now I shut up cause I was kinda creeped out by the way he was staring at me. Then he smiled

"My I must be lucky today. Your the girl that master wants. I can tell your strong too, both of you are hashira correct? Your fighting spirit has been tempered like quality steel. And you. Your fighting spirit is also very strong but you are very sympathetic and you are quite merciful even to demons. Your names?"

The demon asked

"I'm the flame hashira. kyojuro rengoku."

"I'm the angel hashira. Y/n l/n."

"I'm akaza. Kyojuro, let me tell you see despite being a hashira your strength is not enough. Because your merely human. Destine to grow old and eventually die. Become a demon kyojuro. Doing so will allow you to better yourself for a hundred maybe even 2 hundred years."

Akaza told kyojuro, but I knew rengoku wasn't going to accept that offer. sure I haven't know him that long but his aura is enough for me to be sure.

"Both growing old and passing away. These are things that makes being human beautiful, those may seem like weaknesses to you. But our lives are more precious and honorable because of them. You see, true strength doesn't just refer to the physical body, this boy is not weak. Don't insult him. Let me be clear the two of us will not ever see eye to eye. No matter what twisted reason you give I will not yield."

Rengoku said with such passion. It moved me emotionally

"Rengoku-San. That was truly beautiful, your words have moved me. I'm getting all pumped up. I shall not yield either!"

I gave him a determined smile and he gave a smile back at me.

"I see."

Is all he said before stomping his foot on the ground

"Technique developement. Destructive death. Compass needle."

"I guess I'll have to kill you. At least it will make it easier to take y/n-Chan to the master."