Chapter 18: our trip on the mugen train

After the little event with sanemi we started over. He still seemed annoyed but I understood he's the type of person to just always be angry. He at least had a conversation with me while having ramen.

I was visiting the butterfly estate and I saw kocho

"Kocho-San!"

I hugged her from behind

"Hello l/n-Chan! I was about to have some tea, would you like to join me?"

I nodded my head

"I'd be delighted to!"

She poured me some tea and we chatted about different things.

"L/n-Chan. Why did you become a demon slayer? You're so kind and beautiful, you could've lived a peaceful life, possibly find a husband and maybe start a family. Why did you chose this life?"

She asked me. She did have a point, the ubuyakishi's didn't force me to become a demon slayer. They said my life was mine to chose.

"I became I demon slayer to help others. Rather that slaying demons and setting them free. Or rather saving human from being killed. All my life I've always wanted to help people. Just like my parents."

I said looking down at the cup remember the good times I had with them.

"Your so much like my sister. She had a kind souls and a compassionate heart like yours. She the reason I keep smiling even after her death because she loved it so much."

"Even though your angry almost all the time?"

She looked at me surprised

"I'm sorry. But I can tell from your aura that your almost always angry."

I put my cup down and sat next to her. I softly put my hands on hers.

"I know that anger. Having something taken away from you, knowing that it will never come back. But I don't wish for you to feel this way. Your someone I've gotten to know, so I consider you a friend. My friends and family holds a special place in my heart. Anyone who holds place in my heart I want to make them happy as much as I can. So I hope I can do the same for you!"

I smile

Shinobu KochoBreath style: insect Thoughts: l/n-Chan your so wonderful

Shinobu Kocho
Breath style: insect
Thoughts: l/n-Chan your so wonderful.
Status: friends
Percentage: 37%

🤍

Then my crow flew in and told me that I had received a letter. It was from Tomioka asking me to meet him at his estate.

I got up and thanked kocho for the tea.

I ran over there and knocked at his door.