Chapter 26: little glimmers of hope!

"Your really sure this is ok kokushibo-dono?"

"Yes. The master...has granted me...full permission."

Me and kokushibo were currently walking around the infinity fortress.

At some point when I saw kokushibo, we talked and I mentioned how I felt like I was going insane being kept in one room.

That wasn't entirely a lie, I did feel like I was slowing losing my sanity being kept in that one room with nothing to entertain myself with. But another reason was if I was able to roam around maybe I can make sense of this crazy place and find a way to escape.

"Well as long as your sure. I just don't want you to get into trouble."

"...you care for others...much more than yourself...why?"

"I don't exactly know...it just makes me happy knowing that somebody else it okay or happy. Caring for others is probably just an instinct I have. Much like my mother, she cared for people more than herself as well."

"Please stay here...for a moment...I have to check something...don't move."

I sat down in the hallway as I waited for kokushibo to come back.

"Y/n-Chan. Why are you in the hallway?"

I heard a voice and turn to look at who said that

"Eep!"

It was upper moon 4 Hantengu. I seemed to have scared him

"Apologies Hantengu-dono. I didn't mean to scare you."

I patted the spot next to me

"Please sit with me won't you?"

He then came and sat next to me

"Kokushibo-dono had to check on something so he told me to stay here."

"Oh I see. How have you been feeling lately?"

"I've been better. I miss my friends and there's almost nothing to do here. I just wish for at least 10 minutes I could walk through the woods again, I've always loved nature, especially flowers. It reminds me of when my father was still alive. He grew the most beautiful garden and had all kinds of pretty flowers. It also doesn't help that Muzan keeps encouraging me to become a demon."

"I don't understand why you wouldn't want to be one. There's so many advantages of being one. Sure you can't walk out in the sun but that's it."

"The idea to me sounds heartbreaking and sad. I have to eat people who have just as much as a will to live as I do, living forever doesn't sound that fun either. When you live forever you don't really see a point of living your life to the fullest. The reason why some humans are so adventurous and want to do all kinds of things. Is because they know their life is short, so they want to live it to the fullest so when they die they are happy with the life they live. When you live forever you don't really care about that cause you live forever hence you won't die. Also the thought of seeing one my friends and possibly having the fight them...I'd probably end up dying because I would just lie down and take it. Cause I would not have the heart to fight against my friends." 

"Your mind set is strange and confusing. I wonder what the world looks like from your eyes."

I giggle

"I'm sure everybody would like to know how each of us views the world. Do we view it the same or completely different. But how we see things, how we interpret them, and the way we act is why nobody is the same. Which is one the reason I love meeting new people. Everybody is different. It's new and exciting. Wouldn't you agree?"

Then all the sudden kokushibo appeared. Hantengu let out a eep sound. I got up and dusted off my kimono

"Shall we...continue?"

"Okay. Bye Hantengu-dono, it was lovely talking to you."

🤍

For the next couple of days I was getting to know the uppermoons.

I would normally currently chat with akaza. When he first met again he apologized for punching me and popping my shoulders causing me pain. The first couple interactions were awkward at first, but I gradually started to enjoy his company. He was definitely the most understanding of my situation and he did sympathize with me.

Douma was a very interesting person but he was also very polite. Even though he was a bit much and maybe a little too touchy for my liking. I still somewhat enjoy his company. He always had a nice smile on his face.

Daki and Gyutaro were nice too. Daki always dressed me up in new clothing and styled my hair often while we had girl talk. Gyutaro was very polite he wasn't mean at all.

Hantengu didn't really visit me as much as the others but a day after we had that talk in the hallway, he visited me for the first time and brought a bunch of flowers with him. I made us flower crowns and that was the first time I ever saw him smile.

Gyokko was nice. He one day brought me a vase that I inspired him to make and it was so beautiful. It was nice to have new decorations in my room. He also spent a couple of hours showing me some of his art pieces.

Kokushibo and me actually got along very well. Even though he is a man of few words, I enjoyed the little walks around the infinity castle we would take and always make sure I'm okay and is the one who usually patches me up after Muzan drinks some of my blood.

Speaking of...he has not given up on convincing me to become a demon. He always tries to charm me and do small loving gestures for example running his finger through my hair and complimenting me. Id be a liar if I said the little things he did made me blush sometimes. But I wasn't going to give in.

Currently both douma and kokushibo were in my room. First douma arrived and I asked him if I could braid his hair since he had so much of it. He surprisingly agreed. At some point kokushibo walked to walk around the fortress with me but saw me braiding douma's hair. I then asked if he wanted to join in and he just nodded.

"All done!~"

"Thank you y/n-Chan!"

"Thank you..."

"Your welcome. You hope you to will let me do it again some other time."

"Your surprisingly so nice to us y/n-Chan. Why is that?"

"Well you all have treated me lovely and haven't given me any reason for me to not be the same. Just because your demons doesn't mean I should be mean."

"But...you are being kept here...against your will..."

"Muzan is keeping me here against my will. You all are simply following his orders. I'd rather get along with each other since I'll probably just be seeing you all for the rest of my life."

"Hmm even in a dark situation you are still somewhat optimistic!"

"Well I like to think in dark situations there always a shining light somewhere. Like at night it could be pitch dark but there's those little stars in the sky. There like little glimmers of hope!"

🖤