Chapter 35: can be good if they just try.

Before You could run off to help your friends, muichiro grabbed your wrist and pulled you to his level

"Mui-Kun. I have to help the others."

He coughed a little bit

"I know. I also know that you know how to make medicine, can you make me some so I can get better and help. We have a better chance of defeating the other demon if I'm also there."

That was half the truth. He did believe you both had a better chance with him there.

But he also didn't want you leaving his side, he was also hoping that maybe tanjiro will die fighting it. You told muchirio how you know tanjiro and how great friends you are. He also sees how tanjiro looks at you. It infuriates him.

He thinks tanjiro is not good enough for you, him on the other hand thinks he's perfect. Out of all the hashira you and him are actually quite close, he's the second hashira that's closest to you, the first being a tie between shinobu and giyu. 

With the logic he gave it did make sense for him to also be there to help.

You pulled out a little small notes that you carry in your haori for more complex medicine and medicines you haven't fully memorized.

You started carefully mixing the ingredients like the notes say. One was made to put on his wounds and another was for him to drink. 

It started to show good results almost instantly since he was actually able to sit up now.

As soon as muichiro was able to stand on his two feet it was near sunrise so hantengu might try to flee. But you two wouldn't let hantengu escape. Even though you thought of hantengu as a friend. He has to many lives to be allowed to live and must pay for his sins.

To your surprise muichiro ran and grabbed the sword haganezuka was sharpening and started running. You followed along with kanamori, haganezuka, and kotestu. 

🤍

"Mui-Kun. Why did you take the sword?"

"Tanjiro might need it."

"We better hurry. It's near dawn, Hantengu might try to escape."

We ran near a cliff and we saw tanjiro. Muichiro threw the blade in front of him.

We started screaming at him to use it.

While haganezuka was telling him not to use it because it's only been sharpened to the first stage. He also hit tokito over the head.

Tanjiro grabbed the blade and sliced off Hantengu's head. Tanjiro believed he won and ran towards Nezuko. But hantengu was in fact still alive and running towards some sword smiths!

He had to make a decision because the sun had started to rise! He had to pick between finishing off hantengu or protecting Nezuko from the day light.

But Nezuko kicked him towards hantengu despite now burning up in the day light!

I cloudnt stand there and watch so I looked to see if I could find a way down the cliff easily without hurting myself.

Then I remember what shinobu showed me once.

⏰ 🔙(flashback)

I was walking around the butterfly estate to ask shinobu if we could have tea but then i heard the sound of flapping and I look to see shinobu jumping down flapping her haori as if she were flying.

"Good evening y/n-Chan!"

"Shinobu-San! That was amazing! I didn't know you could do that with your haori!"