Chapter 36: Before it's too late

Your POV:

A lot has happened after the swordsmith village attack. The village wasn't completely destroyed but it was currently being relocated. In two days mitsuri and mui-Chan recovered. Tanjiro was still recovering but he seems to be doing fine, Two upper moons were defeated. Most importantly Nezuko was the first demon to walk around in the sun.

It was incredible and nobody knows what Nezuko is now. A more evolved demon or a demon reverting back into a human. Something that's strange is the fact she has trouble speaking. She can say simple words and some people names. She calls me "y/n nee-San." Which every time she says it makes me want to breakdown into tears.

After Nezuko conquered the sun, demons have just seemed to disappear but what most likely is happening is that they're getting ready to attack.

Everything just seems to be going downhill and I'm pretty sure that everything will change as we know it

What am I doing as of now? Oh I'm in my estate just trying to calm down and not have a mental breakdown. While drinking water mixed with wisteria.

Shinobu once told me that for over a year she has been drinking wisteria poison. Which would definitely hurt demons as for humans she hasn't experienced any side affects but she isn't completely sure if it's safe.

I don't drink the poison but I think water mixed with wisteria could prove to be useful I'm just being extra cautious.

🤍

As I was laying in bed reading a book I heard a knock on my window. It was currently night but I didn't worry to much, since the disappearance of demons I don't really have much to worry about

"Hm. Probable just the wind."

Then I heard knock that sounded planned.

"Maybe it's inosuke knocking on my window to ask me a question."

Inosuke seems to think I'm the smartest person he knows so he come to me with questions. He doesn't bother knocking on my door if he knows I'm in my room he'll just knock on my window to ask me his question then just run off.

It's rather that or maybe it's my crow with important message

What I was not expecting was to see akaza when I opened my window.

I grabbed my sword ready to draw

"Wait! give me a chance to talk!"

I looked at the sincerity on his face and just kept my hand on my hilt and stepped back.

He jumped in and closed the window

"What are you doing here akaza-Dono?"

"Actaully you can call me just akaza."

"Okay. But can you answer my question?"

"Yes. I know that now is probably not the best time to be doing this. With that attack on the swordsmith village, two upper moons killed, and a lot of other stuffs. But I have something to tell and ask you."

We were standing at opposite side of the room each other

"What do want to tell me and what might that question of yours be?"

"Well...Master is making plans to attack soon but I'm sure you already know that. He's pressuring the uppermoons to get ready and eat more. He's also summoned demons from all around into the infinity fortress for when he's ready to attack."

"Did you come here to eat me?"

"WHAT! NO! I don't eat women, only men."

"Okay what about the question what did you want to ask me?"

"Actually it's two questions. Will you let me help and do you know a way to turn a demon back into a human?"

I felt my heart skip a beat. He wants to help and wants to to know how to turn back into a human.

The aura he was giving off was one of guilt, shame, sadness, regret, honesty, hope, and just a tad bit of happiness.

"Akaza do you really want to help? And are you asking me that because you want to be human again? And if so why?"

He held his head down and I saw something I never expected. tears flowing down

"Every since you left I thought about everything I've ever done! And while remembering, all I could feel was guilt, shame, and regret. Because anytime I thought about it; you would also come to mind. Y/n you were so kind hearted to demons like myself who did such terrible things and yet you treated us with such compassion and kindness. I want to help because if there's even the slightest chance that Muzan succeeds with his plans there is not doubt that he will turn you into a demon. Wether it's by choice or force. I don't want you to become like me, or Muzan! I want you to be what you want to be and I know you want to stay human. realizing all this makes me so ashamed of what I've become, I'm not strong I'm weak. It's so selfish of me to even think about becoming a human again. But I think somewhere inside me thinks there a chance that I could redeem myself and be better. Do you think it's to late for me?"

He was on his knees crying, all the while spitting out apologies

I always sensed akaza was different from the others, he was the kindest of them all if I'm being completely honest.

I walked up to him and kneeled down to his level

"Akaza. look at me please."

He looked at me with tears still streaking down his face

I smiled and started wiping them away

"Thank you. I believe that you can be redeemed and I don't think it's to late. You might think your weak but right now you are being incredibly strong. You are admitting that you were wrong and you are allowing your emotions to come out. You also Came here to help, not just to help yourself but also me. If that doesn't show that your trying to be better and truly want to help I don't know what will. I will not lie that everyone will definitely look down on me if I tell them that you have come to help and will most likely think you tricked me into thinking that you are on our side. But I'm willing to risk that."

🤍

While you and akaza chatted. The master was getting worse but then he smiled and asked his wife to send a message to you. The leader knew what was going on at your estate because he had a prediction that it would happen. This is not the first time he has predicted something. The ubuyashiki have been know for having heightened senses which sometimes has helped them predict the future. The master knew what the demon wanted and he knew what you would say.

"Tell y/n that she can trust the demon. Tell her to also get as much information as she can about up coming events. Also tell her to come visit me, I don't have much time left after all. She can also bring her new demon friend if she so desires. Y/n is going to be a big key to us winning. So I need to talk to her.

Before it's too late."

🖤