Chapter 10: what is this feeling?

I was walking towards my next assignment, already missing tanjiro. I really do hope I get to see him again.

"Caw! Caw! More information about your mission! You will be paired with the water pillar Giyuu Tomioka!"

My crow said and I scream internally.

Yes I grew up in the Ubuyashiki house hold.

And yes I have heard of the pillars.

But I've never actually met one! So I was kinda nervous and I could only hope it goes well.

🤍

I walked into a town and my crow said I have arrived. I looked around for somebody with similar attire. I then saw a man with black hair in a low ponytail, wearing a mix match haori, and with dark blue eyes. I walked up to him.

"Excuse me."

I said and he turned around to look at me. His eyes seem to winded for a split second but then return to a normal state

"Yes? How can I help you?"

He asked with no expression once so ever.

"My name is y/n l/n. Are you perhaps Giyuu Tomioka?"

I asked

"Yes that would be me. You were the one assigned to work with me, right?"

He asked

"Yes that would be me. I hope to be helpful during our mission together water pillar-sama."

I said bowing.

"You don't need to be so formal. Tomioka is fine."

He said rubbing the back of his neck

"Ok, Tomioka-San. Have you had anything to eat today? We need strength to fight demons tonight!"

I said walking next to him and he shook his head.

"No I haven't had anything to eat. But I suppose we should fine a restaurant to eat at."

He said looking around. I saw a restaurant and I didn't see to many people inside.

"Tomioka-San, would that restaurant be fine?" I asked him pointing at the restaurant.

He nodded his head and we walked in.

🤍

It was very silent as we waited for our food. But I understood that he wasn't the most talkative of people.

Once our food arrived we started eating. I saw him take a bite of salmon with daikon.

He slightly smiled, it made me happy to know he was enjoying his food.

He saw me looking at me and asked

"What?"

I blushed

"O-oh I'm sorry. It's pretty rude of me to stare. I'm sorry. It's just I saw you smile when eating your food. I'm glad your enjoying it."

I finished and took a bite of me food. It was delicious.

"Also you have a nice smile. You should wear it more."

I said and went back to eating.

Narrator POV: