Chapter 34: I need to help my friends!

Muichiro POV:

I was running out of air I could perform one more attack

'Mist breathing, first form: Low clouds Distant haze!'

I couldn't cut through it. I guess it was expected with a chipped katana.

'It's no use...im done for... but it'd be nice if backup arrived. Master... im going to die. Send at least two hashira.'

I look over to see y/n, maybe my death won't be so terrible if I can see the girl I fell in love with one last time.

She had her blade in hand trying to slice the prison she was in open. It wasn't filled with water like mine, like the demon said their master wants her back.

'Y/n. Im sorry. There's a chance you might end up back with him. We got lucky when we found you, I doubt we'll be so lucky again. Im sorry I couldn't save you, I over estimated my strength because I'm a hashira. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you.'

She caught my eyes and she started to cry. She tried to slice it more and more frantically.

But then I saw the young sowrdsmith trying to slice the material I was trapped in open. I didn't understand. If I couldn't slice it open there was no way he could.

There are so many things you should prioritize over me. Protect the village chief even though that maybe impossible for you. At least gather as many swords as you can and flee.

I noticed that one of those creatures were crawling his way

I tried to tell him but the water made it hard. It sliced his skin he jumped back and yelled in pain. I then saw it stabbed him in the solar plexus.

He was stabbed in a vital spot. He's a goner. You can't do anything. Why can't you understand that? Hold the wound. Hurry up! Flee!  Don't stay with me! Don't try to help! There's nothing you can do!

He ran up to my water prison and blew some air into it.

Then I remembered something

"Helping other...often means you end up helping yourself."

I heard y/n and another voice say that then I heard something she didn't say to me but someone else did

"Human beings...are creatures...who can tap into an unbelievable strength...when helping others...muichiro"

It was my father!

With the air in the bubble I sucked it in and did an attack

'Mist breathing, second form: eight layered mist!'

I was free and I started coughing out the water in my lungs and pulling out the needles.

I pulled the young sowrdsmith towards me

"Ko...te...tsu."

I felt a demon coming to attack us but I sliced its head and it disappeared

But then I heard another voice

"The "Mu" in muchiro...is the "Mu" in "Mugen."  Infinity...for the good of others...You...can tap into an infinite strength. You are one the of the chosen!"

then...

I remembered everything. Everything I had forgotten. My mother, my father, and

My twin brother. Yuichiro.

🤍

Your POV:

I saw muichiro was able to slice himself free then I decided that use a form that was also in the process but I've nearly perfected.