Chapter 4: journey begin now!

Your POV:

It was the final night and soon daybreak came and I was once again surrounded by wisteria flowers. We were back into the center when we started final selection. Then I saw that there were only 5 of us. Not even half of us survived! I felt such sorrow for the people who died. I said a quick prayer for the people who had unfortunately died. Then I looked and saw and saw tanjiro.

I walked behind him and said "tan~ji~ro~"

he turned and saw me, I saw he injured his head "oh hi y/n! I'm glad you survived!" He told me with a smile.

I pulled out a little pill and gave it to him. He looked at it with confusing.

"That's a special medicine my mother taught me how to make. It made with fresh herbs. It will numb pain like headaches, and will help your wounds heal faster." I told him and he thanked me and swallowed the pill.

Then Kiriya and Kanata came out and congratulated us on passing final selection. A boy with a Mohawk asked about his Nichirin sword but then they said they had to discuss ranking. We were currently at the lowest rank. Then we were assigned crows! They were quite the pretty animals. I pet mine on top of the head gently, it seemed to enjoy it. But then there was a sudden yell

"Who cares about some stupid crow!" A boy with a Mohawk said walking up to Kanata and he grab her by the hair.

He started yelling telling her how he wanted his sword. I walked up and grabbed his arm. He looked at me.

"Release her now. That is no way to act." I said in a stern voice

"Make me." He said

Despite my frame I'm actually quite strong. I grabbed his arm a bit tighter cause him to let go and back away.

I looked at kanata and fixed her hair. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

Genya Shinazugawa Breath style: noneThoughts: who does she think she is?! But she's pretty strong

Genya Shinazugawa
Breath style: none
Thoughts: who does she think she is?! But she's pretty strong...
Status: strangers
Percentage: 1%

Unlocked new love interest!

🤍

After that, Kiriya then told us that we had to chose our own ore to forge our swords. The sword I had and trained with is my is mothers. But mr. Ubuyashiki suggest that I should get my own blade. So as we look at the ores I went with my intuition and grabbed an ore that gave me good feeling. Soon we all picked our ores and then they had us to put in measurements for our uniforms. Then we were given permission to go home, they say that would take 10-15 days for the swords to be forged and delivered.

Soon the slayers left and I was left with Kiriya and Kanata. "Thank you for stoping that boy pulling my hair Oneesan." Kanata said giving you a nice smile.

"Your welcome!" I smiled back.

"We're so glad you passed! I was so scared you would get killed Oneesan!" Kiriya said relieved but also with concern.

(Also for those who don't know. 'Oneesan' means older sister.)

After a year with living with the Ubuyashiki. Mr and Mrs. Ubuyashiki children started calling me Oneesan. The parents were fine with it so they just kept calling me that. It filled me with happiness I didn't have any sibling growing up.

"Well no need to worry your pretty heads anymore. I'm fine and now officially a demon slayer! Now how about we head home and tell everybody the good news." I said and they both nodded their heads and we started heading home.

🤍

"Y/n welcome home." Mr. Ubuyashiki. Greeted me, I bowed and said "thank you. Mr. Ubuyashiki or should I say Oyakata-sama?" I said Bowing slightly lifting up my head when I asked the question. He slightly chuckled

"you can still call mr. Ubuyashiki but call me Oyakata-sama in front of other demon slayers." He said

"I understand." I said still bowing.

"Now I can imagine you are very tired and hungry. So how about we head to join everyone else for dinner. Then you can head of to bed." He said I nodded and I helped him to lead him to the room to eat with everyone else.

🤍

"Y/n! Y/n" I heard someone calling my name over and over again. I looked around and saw very familiar (h/c) then I started running towards them as fast as I can.

"Y/n!" The women called and I realized who it was. I jumped right into her arms as I cried "mom!" I sobbed being so happy to see her

"my! how you've grown! I believe you've even became more beautiful and you have also became a demon slayer! I'm so proud! I know that leaving you alone was wrong and I can only imagine what that did to you. I'm so sorry." She said "mother. I know why you did it and it was the only thing you could do. I want you to know i'm not angry and I forgive you." I said and she just hugged me tighter

"you still have that beautiful heart of yours as well. Thank you y/n. Remember me and your father even in the after life, love you infinity! Stay strong, I know you will do great things." My Mother told me, the dream was ending.

Even though it was sad I was happy I got to see her again "goodbye mother. I'll do my best." You said as it started to get brighter "goodbye my daughter. I know you'll be great!" That was the final thing she said as you woke up.

I looked up at the ceiling, and a single thought went thru 'I will not fail you mother, father, I will bring an end to this tyranny. My journey begins now!"

🖤