Chapter 24: I'm trapped!

As of now I'm currently being carried by upper moon one. It was completely in silence.

It felt like I was on the way to my execution.

What else was I suppose to do run away and let kanroji get killed? I don't know if I could live with myself if I did that.

"Your being...quiet..."

The demon said all of sudden

"I honestly just don't have any words..."

"Understandable...why were you...so willing...to give yourself up... for your friend?"

"Because She is someone who is dear to me...I don't want to lose anyone who is dear to me, I've already been through that once. I don't want to feel it again."

We were quiet for a few seconds

"What's your name?"

"My name...why would you...want to know?"

"Just curious is all. My name y/n l/n."

"I'm kokushibo..."

"That's a nice name. Kokushibo. do you know why your master wishes for me to be brought to him."

"I don't know...but...it doesn't really matter to me...I just follow his orders...that's it..."

"I see. That's understandable, I can't imagine what would happen to you or other demons if his order were disobeyed."

He then looked at me and stopped for a second

"You make it sound like...you pity us?"

"In a way I pity all demons. Some didn't want to be what they became...some didn't even get a choice."

"What about upper moon demons?"

"I can imagine...how stressful it can be...how hard it can be to please him...or what punishment you pay if you or something displeases him. He strikes me as somebody who isn't satisfied easily or at all."

He went back to run again

'She's a strange one...but it's new and interesting...a demon slayer who pities demons. Even upper moon demons. Whoever heard of such a thing.'

Kokushibo Upper rank one Thoughts: She's a interesting Status: strangerPercentage: 3%

Kokushibo
Upper rank one
Thoughts: She's a interesting
Status: stranger
Percentage: 3%

Unlocked new love interest!

🤍

All of the sudden I heard a strum of a biwa, then we were in a giant space with a bunch what I can only assume are rooms. I looked around and the place looked like a maze.

You made yourself dizzy looking all around trying to make sense of the place.

"What is this place?"