Part 53.

I'm leaving for America today, so I decided to visit Reg's grave before I left.  The weeds and vines were beginning to cover his grave like the others. For whatever reason these vines grow really fast, it's like they want the graves to be covered. I kneeled down in front of his grave my tears welling up in my eyes.
"I miss you Reg.  I miss all of the fun times we had especially when we wrote the music."  It felt like he was right there with me, "I'll try to visit when I can, I'll be with you again one day.  But I have to leave now, there's too many memories. I love you and I always will."  I brought to of my fingers up to my lips and kissed them, I lowered those fingers onto the top of the grave.  After a few minutes of silence and cleaning up the grave I got up. "I guess this is goodbye."  With that I walked away and went inside to move.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

I have finally brought my boxes over to my new house in America, I bought a small apartment in New York, the school is called Ilvermorny.  The school is Located on Mount Greylock in Massachusetts.

Right now I'm packing my trunk to head tot he school early,  I got the apartment for over summer, it had two small floors, I'm 18 and I've already lost the love of my life.  I've lost most of everything I have loved.

I decided that I would walk down to the little restaurant.  I walked inside to see that quite a few people were here, I could sense that there was some supernatural in here.  I wish I could use some sort of Slytherin Heir powers, then I could know what kind of life I end up having if I do have one.  But the powers are selective and chose to come up when they want.

I walked in and sat down at a booth, I felt eyes on me so my hands went to my boot ready to pull my wand out of it. The city was busy, busier than in England. The apartments are tiny and I hate it.
"What can For you get for you?"I smiled as the girl came up to my booth.

"Lemonade please." I gave her smile before she turned around to get my drink. I could feel the eyes on me, I hated it. It made me feel like they were all spies for Voldemort, although none of them were be caught dead here in America. Once the bartender came with my drink I stopped her, " are you guys hiring?" She gave me a sweet smile.

"Yes we are, we're looking for singer to entertain."

"Do you think I could work her during the summer?" She nodded then walked away, a few minutes after the conversation she came back with a paper.

"Just fill this out and bring it back, we can call you back in a few days when the manager decides." I thanked her and took the paper. I got up to walk out the door when my eyes landed on a tall blonde man and another man with dark brown hair in a suit. Odd feelings were flowing from them, they were most definitely supernatural and I was probably not going to figure it out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

I have been in my apartment unpacking when I found the lyrics me and Reg had wrote of different songs. Then I came across a song, with a letter that I had somehow missed. I knew it was written by Reg, it had the Black Crest wax closing the letter on the back and on the front it was addressed to me by R.A.B, his signature way of addressing people. I opened the letter slowly and carefully not to rip it, I opened it to reveal his handwriting that I have missed dearly when he would write me letters.

Dear Elizabeth,
My love, if you are reading this it's because i am most likely dead. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear. I hope that all is well, I hope you remember me, and please try to move on. You have my permission to fall in love again. I never want you to be alone, that's why you have my permission. I left you some songs to read or sing when you're feeling lonely or down, I wrote them in secret. I stuck this letter on the page of one of the lyrics and hid it in our book. I know this wasn't our plan, but you knew my fate was coming. We both did just not this soon.

With much love,
R.A.B.

My eyes were holding tears as I moved the letter to look at the lyrics.
(Song- leave a light on- by Tom Walker)

The second someone mentioned you were all alone
I could feel the trouble coursing through your veins
Now I know, it's got a hold
Just a phone call left unanswered, had me sparking up
These cigarettes won't stop me wondering where you are
Don't let go, keep a hold
If you look into the distance, there's a house upon the hill
Guiding like a lighthouse to a place where you'll be
Safe to feel our grace 'cause we've all made mistakes
If you've lost your way
I will leave the light on
Tell me what's been happening, what's been on your mind
Lately you've been searching for a darker place
To hide, that's alright
But if you carry on abusing, you'll be robbed from us
I refuse to lose another friend to drugs
Just come home, don't let go
If you look into the distance, there's a house upon the hill
Guiding like a lighthouse to a place where you'll be
Safe to feel our grace 'cause we've all made mistakes
If you've lost your way
I will leave the light on
If you look into the distance, there's a house upon the hill
Guiding like a lighthouse, it's a place where you'll be
Safe to feel our grace and if you've lost your way
If you've lost your way (I will leave the light on)
And I know you're down and out now, but I need you to be brave
Hiding from the truth ain't gonna make this all okay
I see your pain, if you don't feel our grace
And you've lost your way
I will leave the light on
'Cause I will leave the light on

Just as I was about to look for more my phone rang, I walked over to the wall and picked the phone off the wall and next to my ear.
"Is this Elizabeth Black?" The voice sounded through the mic of the phone.

"Yes this is she"

"We just wanted to inform you that you got the job and that you start in 2 days, you will perform lunch and dinner times almost everyday except Sundays and Saturdays." Tears of joy we're filling my eyes.

"Yes thank you I will be there."

"Oh and one more thing Ms. Black. Please where a dress, during dinner it needs to be nice and fancy but the rest of the day it can be whatever dress you want." I thanked the person and hung the phone back on the wall, I was so excited. I walked over to the lyric book me and Reg made and looked through all of them. I chose the ones I wanted for tomorrow.

][][][][][][][][]][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Y'all I realize the songs I use are not from the same time period but you know who cares we're going to do stuff anyways.