Chapter 54

It's been a few months since I have given birth to Hermione. It's crazy how much she is looks like Regulus.  I was going through some more of Regulus's stuff that I had brought over to my flat in her in America. 

I was walking to the grocery store with Hermione in one of those carriers that you wrap around you chest so that your baby can be carried? I don't really know it's a muggle thing. But it's a smart invention, I grabbed a trolley and walked into the store.  I went to the baby isle to grab some little baby cracker type cereal stuff.  I also got some bibs and a few onesies for her to sleep in. 

I got everything I needed and walked to the checkout after I had gotten everything, I started walking back and out it in the car I had acquired. I drove home brought Hermione inside and laid her down in her crib. I started putting the groceries into the pantry and fridge.

Hermione started crying and I'm ent to take care of her, she stopped as soon as I came inside the room. "Hey sweet cheeks, what's all the fuss about?" I whispered to her as I picked her up, I held her close to my chest and sat on the rocking chair in her nursery. 

I started humming 'once upon a December' to her as I rubbed her back and rocked her. She calmed down and started yawning as she closed her eyes. Once she fell  asleep I gently set her back down in the crib, I turned off her light and left a crack in the door so I could if hear if she needed me again.  There was a knock on the door and i opened it.  There was a few boys there, "can I help you?"

"Yeah, I'm Jasper and we're your new neighbors."  He had a bright smile on his face as did 2 of the others.  I just raised an eyebrow at them.

"Come in?" I told them slowly, it sounded more of question to myself as I moved to open the door.

"Where are you from?" My eyebrows furrowed at him.

"Sorry about him, that's Alec. He just returned from being on tour in the military." A sandy blonde said looking at me, "oh sorry! I'm Damon." He held out his hand and I shook it.

"We'll to answer your question, I'm from England." They nodded and smiled. The last one which and dark brown hair and green eyes introduced himself.

"I'm Tyler." I nodded.

"You can take a sit in the living room." I told them, Hermione started crying and they looked at each other. "Excuse me."
I walked in and picked her up out of her crib, I held her close to my chest. As I walked into the living room, they were all looking at the pictures hung on the walls.

"So was there something that you guys needed or?"

"Oh no. We just wanted to introduce ourselves, we live right across the street." Jasper quickly said, he seemed to not want to intrude on my life.

"Who are these guys with you on the wall?" I sighed at Alec, I sat Hermione down on her blanket on the floor. I walked over to where he was looking at.
"The blonde with the long hair, his name is Lucius, the dirty blonde is Thomas, and the dark curly haired one is Regulus." Alec snorted and I glared at him.

"Sorry it's just you British people have weird ass names." I shrugged not denying it.

"Who are these girls with you?" Jasper asked.

"Dark hair is Bellatrix, blonde is Narcissa." They all looked at me. "What? Do you want me to tell you my whole life story?" In muggle version. They all just looked at each other and shrugged.

"You're going to want alcohol, what do you want wine or beer?" They all said beer and I grabbed them bottles, I don't want to drink so I don't grab me one.

"Where do you want me to start?"

"Where and when we're you born?" Damon asked me this time.

"I was born in England, January 25th 1961." Jasper choked.

"You're only 20?" I nodded.

"Anyways, I have one brother whose name is James. I went to a prestigious/private boarding school where you had to be invited to come. That's where my brother met his friends Peter, Remus, and Sirius. I met Regulus when I ran into him in the halls unknown that he has been Sirius' little brother. And I met Bellatrix and Narcissa through Regulus who are cousins. Lucius was dating Narcissa and Bellatrix met Thomas in our 5th year." They soaked all the information while Alec to a big swig of his beer. Hermione giggled as I picked her up and held her in my arms.

"What do you mean 5th year?" Tyler asked.

"The school I went to was only for teens, it was 11-18, there were 7 years available. So I end there for schooling. Regulus is my age so we have classes together, Bellatrix and the others were two years older than us. My brother and his friends were a year older."

"Where is your brother now?" I shrugged.

"We got into a big disagreement during school, last I saw him was at his wedding, that was my 7th year so I don't know, last I heard from Remus was that they settled in the western part of England and Lily is was pregnant with their first child."

"Can I ask a personal question?" I nodded. "Where is your daughter's dad?" I sighed and looked down. Alec apologized for asking the question which I assured him it was fine.

"I was best friends with Regulus and then we started dating and then we got married right out of school. He was killed a few months ago. He was killed right after I found out I was pregnant with Hermione." I smiled down softly at Hermione.

"We'll we better go." I nodded and walked them out. Just as they left and owl appeared at the window with a letter. It was from Remus.
I opened it and there were tear splotches and stains on the page.

Dear Elizabeth,
I don't know how to tell you this so I'm going to start off with how have you been? We haven't heard from you in a while. I just hope your safe. What I really needed to tell you was that The dark Wizard killed James and Lily. Harry is alright, for some reason he had killed Voldemort. We don't know how but it left a lightning scar on his forehead. I hope you come to James and Lily's funeral, it's this weekend I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Remus Lupin.

My whole body felt like it was crumbling, I felt a weight pushed down on my chest. I was considering moving back to England now, it wasn't a bad idea. I was going to take Hermione back there anyways. I better start packing, I looked over at Hermione who had a confused look on her face.
"I love you my sweet girl." I kissed her cheek and she smiled.