Chapter 3

-3rd POV-

The head was sliced off and fell, rolling over a few feet away from its body. The demon watched their body disintegrate, "Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! My body's crumbling and disappearing. I can't stop it!" They said, as their head started disintegrating.

Tanjiro walked up with (Y/n) following, and put his blade back in it's sheath.

"Dammit! To think that the face of two Demon Hunters would be the last thing I'll ever see..."

The two looked at the demon.

"How did it come to this?"

"I'm so scared. I'm all alone. Brother, where are you? I want you to hold my hand! Like you always do! Why? Why on earth did I bite you to death, big brother?" A small child's voice said, as they cried.

"Huh? Wait, who's this "Brother" person?" A normal version of the demon said.

The burgundy male walked towards the hand, and the girl stood back, "What a sad scent." He said, before gripping their hand, making the demon grip his back.

The demon let tears drop.

The teen put their hand against his forehead, "God...Please...The next time this man is reborn, please make sure he doesn't turn into a demon."

"Brother! Brother! Brother! Hold my hand, will you?" The smaller child said.

"You're hopeless, you know? Still such a scaredy-cat." The older brother said, as they walked back home.

The body of the demon fully disappeared.

(Y/n) smiled softly, "Now Sabito, Makomo and all the others can rest in peace..." She whispered, feeling her eyes sting behind her glasses.

Tanjiro nodded, "They're going home as promised. Their souls will probably reside in the mountain and with Urokodaki-san. Glad to have you here, (Y/n)-chan."

The girl shook her head and hugged him, "No, I'm glad you're here. Now, let's go. We have several more days to survive." She said, pulling back, "Oh wait, come here for a second." She pulled out some bandages, as the teen walked up to her.

"Ah, I could do them on my own." He said, trying to take the bandages.

"Nope!" She said, moving away and making the male sit on the ground, and bandage his head.

"You really didn't have to..." Tanjiro said, as he sat still.

"There!" The white haired girl said, as she finished bandaging him, "See you in a few days, Tanjiro-chan!" Then she disappeared.

The male could only stare with wide eyes, "I hate when she does that..." He mumbled, before getting up and running off in a direction.

-----

The burgundy male looked up, "Wisteria?" He said, letting out a small sigh, "I made it."

"Tanji-chan!" A familiar voice said behind him, making him look, but was tackled into a hug, "Oh, how I missed you! My sweet angel!" They said, rubbing their cheek against his.

"(Y-Y/n)-chan!" The male said, blushing.

"Hm? Oh, right! Come on! Let's go back." (Y/n) exclaimed, grabbing him by the hand and heading towards where they all began.

-----

Tanjiro looked around and noticed there were only a few people, 'Only five of us? But there were at least twenty. I don't see that guy here, either.' He thought, before looking down, "I couldn't save him."